29 Jan, 2022 01:57:53
Apex Metal Garage 488 - Double Door, Galvanized Steel
These great value metal garages are approximately 10'x16' or 10'x20' with an attractive grey coloured external finish. Heavier than most other comparable metal garages, all framing and cladding is hot dip galvanized steel. The cladding is also resin coated on both sides. Strong foundation rails are included as standard. Large hinged double doors provide the main access to the garage with a clear opening size of approximately 6'11" wide x 6'1" high (2120mm wide x 1860mm high). A single hinged personnel door is also supplied. The strong roof structure features substantial rafters along with 2 sturdy internal support frames with vertical stanchions and roof trusses with diagonal struts and braces. All fixings and instructions are included. Available accessories include shelves, tool racks and tool hooks.
The prices include courier delivery in mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland. Elsewhere delivery is a few days slower at extra cost. You can choose delivery on any weekday. All fixings and instructions are included.
|Size||With Grey Paint Finish|
|9'10" x 16'3"|
|9'10" x 19'9"|
- Hot dip galvanized steel framing
- Hot dip galvanized steel cladding panels with a tough epoxy resin coating inside and out
- Attractive grey colour to external cladding
- Contrasting colour to gable fascias and door frame trims
- Double hinged doors with key locking hasp and staple - fixings are concealed when shut for greater security
- Door clear opening size approximately 6'11" wide x 6'1" high (2120x1860mm)
- Vertical, horizontal and diagonal door framing
- Single hinged personnel door with key locking hasp and staple - fixings are concealed when shut for greater security
- Personnel door must be placed in the right hand side wall (viewed from the front)
- Personnel door size approximately 2'7" wide x 6'1" high (780x1860mm)
- Cladding sheets are corrugated and ribbed for extra strength
- Corner cladding sheets are folded ninety degrees and overlapped to provide a strong and waterproof corner joint
- Horizontal framing
- 2 sturdy internal support frames with vertical stanchions and roof trusses with diagonal struts and braces
- Main ridge beam
- Intermediate roof purlins
- Foundation rails
- Corner brackets
- External ridge cover
- 4 louvred ventilators are fitted to the front and rear gables for improved ventilation
- Eaves height approximately 6'2" (1870mm)
- Ridge height approximately 7'7" (2320mm)
- This garage is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door
- External roof size 9'10" wide x 16'3" deep (3000mm x 4950mm)
- External cladding size approximately 9'6" wide x 15'10" deep (2890mm x 4820mm)
- Overall weight 183kg
- External roof size 9'10" wide x 19'9" deep (3000mm x 6020mm)
- External cladding size approximately 9'6" wide x 19'4" deep (2890mm x 5900mm)
- Overall weight 221kg
GALVANIZED STEEL CLADDING: These great value buildings are made with galvanized steel throughout. All framing and cladding is hot dip galvanized steel. This is a process by which steel is coated with zinc to protect it from corrosion. The cladding is subsequently coated with epoxy resin, partly to protect the zinc coating itself and partly to add colour. The factory finish is described as primer although a top coat is not normally needed. The combination of a zinc coating with epoxy resin provides durable protection even if the surface is scratched.
STRONG FRAMING: In common with all other steel buildings, including even the largest sports stadia, retail superstores and warehouses, steel cladding sheets are surprisingly thin. The strength of steel buildings is provided by the frame, although the corrugations of the cladding sheets do provide a degree of extra strength. These metal sheds feature strong galvanized steel framing members and the completed frame is rigid.
FREE CORNER BRACKETS: Corner brackets are recommended for any metal building which is subject to frequent use or sited in an exposed area. The corner brackets strengthen the corners and also make it easier to fix your building down into a solid base. The kit includes 4 galvanized steel corner brackets. Screws are included to fix the brackets into the foundation rails. Screws and nylon plugs are also supplied for fixing into bricks, concrete or paving slabs.
HEAVY PACKS: As a rough and ready rule, the heavier a metal building is the stronger it is. Our buildings are heavier than most similar metal buildings which is why we publish the weight. The packs are very heavy but surprisingly compact, especially the cladding sheets which are packed tightly together.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The external roof sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The external wall sizes may be smaller.
- Concrete hammer fixings
- Galvanized steel shelves
- Galvanized steel tool racks
- Galvanized steel double tool hooks
- Solar powered lights
CONCRETE HAMMER FIXINGS: We recommend hammer fixings for any metal building which is sited on a solid base of concrete or paving to ensure that it is securely fixed down. The pack includes sufficient hammer fixings to fix the pre-drilled foundation rails into the base. The fixings are drive in hammer screws with a nylon sleeve. A masonry drill bit is also available as an option if required. Drive in hammer fixings are simple to use. First the hole is drilled in the masonry and then the fixing is hammered home. If required the screw head allows easy removal with a screwdriver.
SHELVES: Each shelf is 2'7" long and 8" wide (800mm x 200mm). Each kit includes a galvanized steel shelf, supplied complete with shelf brackets and fixings.
TOOL RACKS: Supplied in pairs, each kit includes 2 galvanized steel tool racks, each 2'4" long (700mm). Each tool rack has 24 holes and slots punched in a variety of sizes and 6 useful hooks. The maximum storage capacity for each kit is therefore 60 tools or similar items. The racks can be fixed to the internal wall cladding.
JUMBO TOOL HOOKS: Each set includes 4 heavy duty galvanized steel double tool hooks. These jumbo tool hooks are 215mm high and 110mm wide (8"x4"). No fixings are needed. Installation could not be easier. Just hang the tool hooks over the horizontal framing inside your building. You can relocate the tool hooks at any time with equal ease.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your sectional garage or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your sectional garage at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your sectional garage at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
DELIVERY UPDATE: Please allow a few days extra for delivery because the carrier networks are less reliable at present due to exceptionally high demand. As a result our normal next day delivery service may be a few days slower. If you do not select a delivery day while ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards. Please read on for full details of the delivery service for this product:
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We normally have this sectional garage in stock so we can normally despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where you can be contacted during the daytime if needed.
- Delivery is by appointment and the driver can phone you 30 or 60 minutes before arriving.
- Standard next day delivery by appointment is included in the price. This ensures fast delivery and the lowest possible price for this popular sectional garage but it requires two fit and strong people to unload by hand. Normally the delivery is arranged by appointment with your base layers or fitters.
- Crane offload is available as a low cost option in many areas. No assistance is required with unloading but please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery if you choose this option.
- This sectional garage is delivered as a single pack several metres long, one metre wide, one metre high and weighing around 500 kilogrammes.
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us which day to deliver so we need to hear from you. If you want fast delivery you should contact us soon after you order by phone or email or you can request delivery later.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is included throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 10.00am. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 10.00am on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just contact us before 10.00am on the working day before.
STANDARD DELIVERY: The standard delivery is to the kerbside and assistance is required to unload it quickly. Two fit and strong people can normally unload this sectional garage within 15-20 minutes. Often the delivery is arranged by appointment with your fitters. If requested the driver can phone you 30 or 60 minutes before arriving. Standard delivery is available to mainland addresses throughout England, Wales, southern and central Scotland but prices vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
ENGLAND AND WALES: Delivery is available to any mainland address in England or Wales but prices vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is included to all mainland addresses in DG, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. To see the correct prices at any other Scottish address click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is available to the Isle of Wight, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. To see the correct prices click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices click here to enter the first half of your BT postcode. Unfortunately we're currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland due to extra requirements created by Brexit.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is available throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. Unfortunately we're currently unable to deliver to Republic of Ireland due to extra requirements created by Brexit.
AM DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. AM delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded. AM delivery is not available if you choose the crane offload option.
SATURDAY AM DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday AM delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in DG, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19 and TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just email us before 10.00am
CRANE OFFLOAD: The crane offload option is normally not required. Normally the delivery is arranged at a time when somebody is at home to help unload, often by arrangement with whoever is installing the cabin or building the base. If this is not possible the crane offload option ensures that the driver can unload quickly and easily without assistance. Often the driver can leave the pack on the drive, in the front garden or on the verge. It is not normally possible to deliver the pack into the back garden. The pack is strapped and sealed on delivery but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry. The crane offload option is available at all mainland addresses in England, Wales and southern Scotland. The prices vary in different areas:
- The crane offload option is cheapest in Central England and Central Wales including any mainland address in AL, B, BB, BL, BR, BS, CB, CH, CM, CR, CV, CW, DA, DE, DN, DY, E, EC, EN, FY, GL, HA, HD, HG, HP, HR, HU, HX, IG, KT, L, LD, LE, LN, LS, LU, M, MK, N, NG, NN, NP, NR, NW, OL, OX, PE, PR, RG, RM, S, SE, SG, SK, SL, SM, SN, ST, SW, SY, TF, TW, UB, W, WA, WC, WD, WF, WN, WR, WS and WV postcodes
- The crane offload option is more expensive in parts of the North, the South, East Anglia, North Wales and South Wales including any mainland address in BA, BD, BH, BN, BS, CF, CO, CT, DH, DL, DT, GU, IP, LA, LL, ME, NR, PO, RH, SA, SO, SP, SR, SS, TA, TN, TS and YO postcodes.
- The crane offload option is more expensive in the Borders, Cornwall and Devon including any mainland address in CA, DG EX, NE, PL, TD, TQ and TR postcodes.
- The crane offload option is more expensive in Central Scotland including any mainland address in EH, G, KA, KY and ML postcodes.
- The crane offload option is currently not available in Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- All prices include VAT.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
Features and Accessories
Shed base preparation and other information
Special delivery options - AM or Saturday
Solar powered inside lights - no running costs
Solar powered outside lights with motion sensors - no running costs
Heavy duty storage tubs
Shelving - plastic push fit
Steel tool racks