4 Mar, 2024 11:59:43
Apex Metal Shed 512 - Woodgrain Effect, Optional Installation
This metal shed is approximately 6'x5' (1940x1510mm) and is supplied with attractive woodgrain wall panels and contrasting coloured trims and fascias. Heavier than most other comparable metal sheds, all framing and cladding is hot dip galvanized steel. The cladding and doors are resin coated on both sides. Sliding double doors are included in the 6' wide wall with lockable handles. Strong foundation rails are also included. Options include a timber floor and a base anchor kit to ensure that your shed is fixed down securely. All fixings and instructions are included. An optional installation service is available on sheds purchased with the internal timber floor.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 6th March.
The prices INCLUDE DELIVERY. Everything you need for assembly is supplied including instructions and all necessary fixings. INSTALLATION is also available as a low cost option.
|Woodgrain Finish and Timber Floor
|Woodgrain Finish, Timber Floor and Installation
|Base anchor kit
|6'4" x 4'11"
- Hot dip galvanized steel framing
- Hot dip galvanized steel cladding panels with a tough epoxy resin coating inside and woodgrain foil laminate outside
- Horizontal wall panels give an appearance similar to weatherboard cladding
- Woodgrain foil laminate to external surfaces
- Attractive and durable woodgrain finish which resembles the appearance of natural wood
- Woodgrain finish to external wall cladding
- Contrasting colour to gables, door frame and other trims
- Pale colour to all internal cladding
- Double sliding doors in the 6'4" wide front wall
- Pair of door handles pre-drilled with holes to suit most padlocks
- Horizontal and diagonal door framing
- Cladding sheets are corrugated for extra strength
- Profiled corner posts to provide a strong and waterproof corner joint
- Foundation rails
- External ridge height approximately 6'7" (2010mm)
- Eaves height approximately 5'11" (1810mm)
- Door height approximately 5'9" (1760mm)
- Door opening width approximately 2'8" (810mm)
- External roof size approximately 6'4" wide x 4'11" deep (1940mm x 1510mm)
- Minimum base size approximately 6'2" wide x 4'9" deep (1880mm x 1450mm)
- Internal size approximately 5'11" wide x 4'6" deep (1810mm x 1380mm)
- This shed is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door
GALVANIZED STEEL CLADDING: These great value buildings are made with galvanized steel throughout. All framing and cladding is hot dip galvanized steel. This is a process by which steel is coated with zinc to protect it from corrosion. The cladding is subsequently coated with epoxy resin, partly to protect the zinc coating itself and partly to add colour. The factory finish is described as primer although a top coat is not normally needed. The combination of a zinc coating with epoxy resin provides durable protection even if the surface is scratched.
STRONG FRAMING: In common with all other steel buildings, including even the largest sports stadia, retail superstores and warehouses, steel cladding sheets are surprisingly thin. The strength of steel buildings is provided by the frame, although the corrugations of the cladding sheets do provide a degree of extra strength. These metal sheds feature strong galvanized steel framing members and the completed frame is rigid.
DOOR SIZES - HEIGHT AND WIDTH: The door height listed above is the approximate head clearance height. The actual clear height of the opening is approximately 1" or 25mm less due to the door threshold. The approximate door opening width listed above is the minimum clearance which is safe to use when considering whether to purchase this building. We recommend allowing at least another 3" or 75mm all round any large objects to ensure easy access on a regular basis. In practice the actual opening width may be a few inches wider if the doors are set up with care.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The external roof sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The external wall sizes may be smaller.
- Installation service - requires a pre-prepared flat and level base
- A choice of no floor or a timber frame floor consisting of 9mm thick OSB and pressure treated 35x28mm beams
- Base anchor kit
- Solar powered lights
NO FLOOR: This building can be built without a floor if it is placed directly onto concrete, paving slabs or decking. This is normally the cheapest option if a suitable area of existing hardstanding is available. If so, we recommend that the pre-drilled galvanized steel foundation rails are fixed into your base.
BASE ANCHOR KIT: An anchor kit is recommended for any metal building which is subject to frequent use or sited in an exposed area. This kit is ideally suited for fixing directly to a solid slab or concrete base. Each kit contains heavy duty galvanized steel corner brackets and perimeter clips which fit over the foundation rails. Ground anchor bolts are used for fixing into the base. Full instructions and a masonry drill bit are included.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your garden shed or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your garden shed at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your garden shed at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
- Delivery is normally between 1 and 2 weeks after order.
- Sheds with optional installation are normally between 2 and 4 weeks after order.
- Our garden shed prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process
- Sheds ordered without installation include kerbside delivery with advance notice by phone a day or two before
- This garden shed is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections are designed to pass through a normal single door.
- All garden shed prices include VAT.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- We offer installation by specialist trained staff as an option.
OPTIONAL INSTALLATION: If installation is ordered your garden shed will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you. You must ensure you have a firm, flat and level base prior to the arrival of the fitters. Paving slabs, concrete or decking are suitable. The minimum base size is displayed in the specifications. You should allow as much space as possible around the building for ease of installation. Bushes or overhanging trees should be cut back as required. If the base is unsuitable or if there is not enough space it may not be possible to install your building and you may be liable to pay for a return visit.
Features and Accessories
Shed base preparation and other information
Solar powered inside lights - no running costs
Solar powered outside lights with motion sensors - no running costs
Heavy duty storage tubs
Floor mats - non slip EVA foam
Shelving and workbenches