8 Dec, 2021 16:12:43
Corner Summerhouse 35 - Shiplap, Georgian, Double Door
Sizes 6'x6', 7'x7', 8'x8' 9'x9' and 10'x10'. These excellent quality corner summerhouses feature Georgian glazing and strong planed framework. Other quality features include double hinged joinery doors with black antique ironmongery and a mortice lock. The minimum internal height is 6'3" at the lowest point inside. Options include pressure treated timber and toughened glass.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 8th December.
The prices INCLUDE DELIVERY and FREE INSTALLATION complete with glazing. Unlike others we do not add delivery charges at the checkout. Our local baselaying service is also available in many postcode areas.
|Size||Deal Shiplap||Pressure Treated||Toughened glass||Bearers||15mm Heavy duty floor||Eco-grid base, 150 tonnes per m2, fully paved||Eco-paving base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved|
|6' x 6'|
|7' x 7'|
|8' x 8'|
|9' x 9'|
|10' x 10'|
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Strong ex 2" planed framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" floor joists
- Strong ex 2" planed roof purlins (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 6'x6' summerhouse includes 2 non opening 6 pane Georgian style windows, one each side
- All other summerhouses include 2 fully opening 9 pane Georgian style windows, one each side
- Joinery windows glazed with 3mm horticultural glass and vertical timber beads with external silicone seal
- Fully glazed Georgian style joinery double doors
- Black antique style door handles and hinges
- Mortice lock with handle and keys
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal height at the lowest point inside 6'3" (1900mm)
- Height at the rear 6'9" (2070mm) on 10'x10' summerhouses
- Height at the front 7'4" (2236mm) on 10'x10' summerhouses
- Height at the rear 6'7" (2000mm) on all other summerhouses
- Height at the front 7'1" (2166mm) on all other summerhouses
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
JOINERY DOORS AND WINDOWS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the joinery doors and windows with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. These intricate joints are harder to pull apart and therefore stronger. The ends of the timber are also better protected and therefore more durable.
GEORGIAN GLAZING: These summerhouses feature Georgian style glazing with individual panes of glass, unlike most Georgian style summerhouses with criss cross shaped beads fitted over one large pane of glass. These smaller panes of glass are much harder to break and less dangerous when broken. The individual panes of glass are securely beaded within a substantial timber joinery frame. A considerable force is required to shatter the glass. Toughened safety glass is not normally necessary with such small panes of glass and if required it is more expensive in small panes.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner summerhouses are measured as a square based on the width of the two longest walls. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of pressure treated timber (lifetime preservative treatment) or timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- Pressure treated 3" x 3" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Heavy duty floor with ex 3/4" thick tongued and grooved boards (15mm finished size after machining)
- Toughened glass
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access is restricted
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your summerhouse. The bearers are the only part of the summerhouse which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most summerhouse floors and suitable for normal use. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards with 2" thick floor joists spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor features the same bearer size and spacing but with 15mm thick tongued and grooved boards, which is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 4 and 5 weeks after order.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and cause more damage. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All summerhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This summerhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other summerhouses. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality summerhouses which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these summerhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.
Features and Accessories
Summerhouse base preparation and other information
SUMMERHOUSES - Base for Timber Floor - Eco-grid base, 150 tonnes per m2, fully paved
SUMMERHOUSES - Base for Timber Floor - Eco-paving base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved
Close up view of cladding
Pressure treated deal
Solar powered inside lights - no running costs
Solar powered outside lights with motion sensors - no running costs
Solar powered string lights
Hanging baskets and planters
Black antique ironmongery