COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
According to UK government advice dated 23rd March "online retail is still open and encouraged". We are helping to keep people busy at home with projects in the garden. A screenshot from the gov.uk website is pictured above with the relevant text highlighted in blue. To read it for yourself on the UK government website CLICK HERE
We are therefore taking orders online and delivering as normal but subject to a number of important conditions:
- All non-essential shops are required to close. We have therefore closed our Show Centre until further notice.
- All office staff should work at home if possible. We have therefore scaled down our sales and customer service departments. We will continue to offer a reduced service with some staff working at home. We will resume normal service as soon as it is allowed.
- High risk employees should stay at home for 12 weeks One employee who is classified as high risk is now self-isolating at home for 12 weeks.
- All warehouse staff should fully comply with government and NHS guidelines regarding social distancing. Since March 9th we have implemented stringent cleaning routines, social distancing measures and other additional safety precautions for the protection of our staff. These include the installation of anti-bacterial gel dispensers, frequent cleaning of commonly used surfaces, no tool sharing, solitary breaks in air conditioned rooms, increased handwashing with antibacterial soap and minimal contact with other people including a minimum distance of 2m between people. In addition, all of our warehouse staff travel to work alone in their own cars and do not use public transport. We are committed to the safety of our staff. We work efficiently in 4 large warehouses with 5000 square feet of floor space per employee which makes social distancing easy.
What this means for you:
- Next day delivery service: Our next day delivery service is currently operating as normal although delays are a bit more likely. Delayed deliveries normally arrive on the following day. The next day delivery service may be stopped at any time with little or no notice. We therefore recommend selecting the earliest available delivery day. If you did not select a delivery day please email us with your requirements as soon as possible.
- Ex stock products: Many of our products are in stock and these are normally offered with next day delivery or you can pick a delivery day which suits you. These products all remain available as normal.
- Bespoke products: Many other products are individually made to order and typically include delivery within around 4-6 weeks, although the exact time period may vary from one product to another. These products are currently still available although delivery may be later than the published lead time due to the COVID-19 shutdown.
- Delivery info per product: We recently added extra details within the "Delivery" section of every product on our website. This includes accurate up to date information regarding the availability of every product and how it is affected by the COVID-19 shutdown.
- Phone advice: We hope to keep our telephone lines open from 10.00am until 3.00pm every day (7 days a week) throughout this period. Please note that with fewer staff available we may not be able to answer every call. Please just leave an answerphone message and we will respond promptly.
- Email queries: Emails will be monitored periodically but again we may not be able to answer every email as quickly as we would like.
We always comply fully with the law and in this fast moving situation we will react quickly if there is any significant change in our circumstances or government advice. We will update this page quickly if required to reflect any changes.
Please stay safe.