17 Feb, 2020 17:21:27
Log Barrel Sauna 987 - Slatted Benches, Felt Tiles
These high quality wooden barrel saunas are approximately 7' wide (2.0m) and 6', 7', 8' or 9' long (2.0m, 2.2m, 2.5m or 2.8m) with accommodation for up to 6 people. The sides and roof feature substantial 42mm thick interlocking logs and strong steel barrel hoops. The front and rear walls feature 28mm thick tongued and grooved logs. The front wall includes a part boarded hinged door. Internal benches and flooring are supplied as standard. Decorative felt tiles and two strong wooden support cradles are also included. Thermally modified timber wall logs are available as an option. Thermally modified timber is a lifetime preservative treatment and ideally suited to withstand the heat and moisture generated by a sauna. Window options include non opening windows in the front or rear wall or a panoramic half glazed rear wall. To produce the steam we offer a choice of electric or wood burning heaters. LED lighting is also available. Instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly. We offer fitting as a low cost option in many areas.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 19th February.
The prices include CRANE DELIVERY within mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland. Elsewhere the delivery requires 2 people to unload by hand. Instructions are included. Our local INSTALLATION and BASELAYING services are available in many areas.
|Size||With Felt Tiles||Thermally modified timber||Electric stove||Wood burning stove||Pair of non opening windows in the front wall||Pair of non opening windows in the rear wall||Half glazed rear wall||Eco-grid base, 150 tonnes per m2, fully paved||Eco-paving base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved|
|6'8" x 6'7"|
|6'8" x 7'3"|
|6'8" x 8'2"|
|6'8" x 9'2"|
- All timber used in the construction of these barrel saunas originates from sustainable forests
- Sides and roof feature 42mm thick interlocking wall logs with rounded ball and socket stave joints
- Front and rear walls feature 28mm thick interlocking tongued and grooved wall logs
- Glazed with glass (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Morticed and tenoned joinery door and windows
- Part boarded timber door with glazed panel approximately 1'11" wide x 5'5" high (0.59m x 1.65m)
- Wooden door handle
- Key locking door
- Mineral felt roof tiles
- Strong stainless steel barrel hoops
- 19mm thick slatted timber floor panels are fitted inside the barrel
- Protective heat shield
- Protective timber guard
- Timber slatted benches specially made to fit each room but they are easily removed
- 1 L shaped bench supplied with 6'7" (2.0m) long saunas to suit off centre heater position
- 1 full length bench supplied to each side with all other saunas to suit central heater position
- Louvred ventilators
- Heavy duty treated timber support cradles with ex 4" thick timber (finished thickness 95mm), overall width 5'3" (1600mm)
- Front roof projection approximately 1'3" (370mm)
- Overall external height approximately 7'1" (2.15m) including support cradles
- External width 6'8" (2.04m)
- External length 6'7", 7'3", 8'2" or 9'2" (2.0m, 2.2m, 2.5m or 2.8m)
- Internal width approximately 6'5" (1.96m)
- Internal length approximately 4'11", 5'7", 6'7" or 7'7" (1.5m, 1.7m, 2.0m or 2.3m)
- Up to 3 adults can sit in comfort in the sauna room within the 6'7" (2.0m) long barrel and up to 4 including 1 or 2 children
- Up to 3 adults can sit in comfort in the sauna room within the 7'3" (2.2m) long barrel and up to 4 including 1 or 2 children
- Up to 4 adults can sit in comfort in the sauna room within the 8'2" (2.5m) long barrel and up to 6 including 1 or 2 children
- Up to 4 adults can sit in comfort in the sauna room within the 9'2" (2.8m) long barrel and up to 6 including 1 or 2 children
THE BENEFIT OF SAUNAS: For centuries people in Scandinavia have enjoyed an invigorating sauna as an effective form of bathing which is also sociable and deeply relaxing. The heat and humidity produces sweat which cleanses the pores. The heat also relaxes the muscles and improves blood circulation. A sauna will soothe strained muscles and other aches and pains. Even a brief sauna engenders a deep feeling of physical and spiritual relaxation. It is no surprise that saunas are becoming increasingly popular throughout the western world as a luxury lifestyle option which enhances your mental and physical well-being.
THE BENEFIT OF BARREL SAUNAS: Timber has always been the material of choice for sauna construction. The substantial timber logs used in the construction of our barrel saunas are similar to the logs used in log cabins. The logs are much thicker than the boarding traditionally used in sheds, summerhouses and other timber buildings. Thicker timber provides better insulation,which keeps the heat in and the cold out. The front and rear walls feature very similar logs to a log cabin with interlocking tongued and grooved joints. The rounded shape of the sides and roof requires a slightly different interlocking joint with a ball and socket shape. Stainless steel bands or hoops are stretched around the circumference to tighten the joints. These are similar to the steel hoops used in traditional barrel construction. The steel hoops are tightened to compress the joints and improve the weatherproofing and draughtproofing. The compact size and shape makes our barrel saunas much easier to heat than other buildings. With less ground contact than other buildings, our barrel saunas also draw up less cold and damp from the ground during the winter months.
TIPS FOR SAUNA USE: A sauna should be between 60 and 100 degrees Centigrade. This is subject to personal taste but if you are new to saunas it is best to start at a lower temperature of 60-70 Centigrade. To maintain the humidity and generate steam splash a little water over the hot stones regularly. Remove jewellery before you enter the sauna, especially metal jewellery which can become very hot. Always lay a towel on the bench before you sit down, partly for comfort but also for hygiene. The sauna is hottest near the ceiling and coolest near the floor so lying down will balance your temperature. During the sauna you lose moisture so many people drink water afterwards, although this is subject to personal preference. You should consult your doctor before using a sauna if you have a heart condition, high blood pressure or any similar condition.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. This ensures that every tile is stuck to the tile below within a few days for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The overall sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the walls at the front and rear including the main door wall. The length refers to the curved side walls. The sizes listed are the overall external sizes.
- Crane offload is included as standard in mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland.
- In northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and offshore islands crane offload is not available. Delivery in these areas requires you to provide two fit and strong people to unload by hand.
- Thermally modified timber wall logs (lifetime preservative treatment)
- 2 non opening windows 1'0" wide x 2'2" high (0.3m x 0.66m) in the front wall
- 2 non opening windows 1'0" wide x 2'2" high (0.3m x 0.66m) in the rear wall
- Rear wall half glazed with bronze tinted 8mm thick toughened safety glass
- Electric heater
- Wood burning heater
- LED lighting
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
- Natural wood oil preservative in a choice of colours
THERMALLY MODIFIED TIMBER: Thermally modified timber is a beautiful natural material with a projected service life of 30 years or longer. Only heat and steam are used in the treatment process and no chemicals are added. It is a lifetime preservative treatment. The timber is gradually heated to a high temperature which permanently changes the physical properties of the wood. The resistance to decay and stability of the wood are significantly improved as are the insulation properties. The moisture content is reduced and resin is removed so it cannot seep out of the wood. The process was developed in Finland but it is based on ancient knowledge. For example, the Vikings knew that fencing poles with a burnt surface were more durable. The finished colour of the wood is an attractive brown which can be painted or stained just like any other wood. If the wood is left untreated it will fade over time to a silver grey colour in the same way as other timber.
ELECTRIC SAUNA HEATERS: The majority of saunas are heated with an electric stove, which is easier to install than a wood burning stove. There are no fumes except for harmless steam and no chimney or flue so there is no hole in the roof. Saunas require powerful heaters which should be installed by a professional electrician. It is quite safe to place a heater in a timber building but you must allow a clearance around the heater and a protective heat shield is recommended. The required clearances vary from one heater to another. We supply the correct heater to fit in each sauna and we always provide details of the clearances required for your heater.
WOOD BURNING SAUNA HEATERS: A wood burning stove is the traditional way to heat a sauna. It requires a chimney or flue which passes through the roof. The boards require cutting and a waterproof collar must be fitted. The flue must be tall enough to discharge the exhaust fumes harmlessly. The correct flue height varies from site to site. We recommend that you employ a HETAS registered installer to install the stove and the flue. The installer will normally supply a suitable flue. We always provide details of the clearances required around your heater to assist with siting.
MICROPOROUS PRESERVATIVE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our quality microporous preservatives are impervious to water but not to water vapour. This allows the wood to breathe. You can order up to 3 separate colours if required. At least two coats are normally required with a further coat at periodic intervals.
Our 3 star preservative is practical and affordable with a choice of 4 colours. It covers around 10 square metres per litre and normally lasts 1-2 years before a further coat is required.
Our 4 star preservative is a high quality preservative which covers around 9 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is requred. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Our 5 star preservative is a deluxe high build preservative which can be used to achieve a stunning finish. Each extra coat increases the colour and sheen. It covers around 8 square metres per litre and normally lasts 2-5 years before a further coat is required. It is available with a choice of 12 colours.
Based on average coverage five litres of our 4 star preservative is enough for two coats on an 8'x10' shed or an 8'x8' log cabin. Ten litres is enough for three coats on a 10'x16' shed or a 12'x10' log cabin. Coverage varies according to the smoothness of the surface and the porosity of the timber. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. All of these preservatives are safe for use with children and pets. These microporous preservatives are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building or if you purchased a Summer building in the past. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
WATERPROOF CLEAR SEAL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our hardwearing clear seal is ideal as a clear varnish for bare timber or as a waterproof top coat for painted wood and pressure treated timber. It is also ideal as a waterproof floor varnish, especially the polyurethane clear seal. The smooth and shiny finished surface is waterproof and easy to clean. Available in a choice of acrylic or polyurethane, these colourless water based coatings are almost odourless and recommended for smooth planed timber only. One coat is normally required as a sealing top coat on painted or treated timber. A minimum of two coats are normally required on untreated wood. Up to three coats may be required for floors. An unsealed timber floor quickly shows muddy boot marks and other dirt. For best results a floor should be treated at the earliest opportunity while the timber is new and clean. On average five litres of our 5 star clear seal is enough for three coats on a 12'x12' floor, two coats on the walls of an 8'x8' log cabin or one coat on the walls of a 12'x16' log cabin. We recommend that you order more than you need to be sure that you have easily enough. The price includes free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
NATURAL WOOD OIL - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR: Our traditional wood oil preservative is linseed oil based and provides a natural ecologically friendly alternative to modern alkyd based preservatives. Wood oil combines the waterproofing qualities of a paint finish with the high absorption rate of woodstain. The natural oiliness provides a highly water repellent surface which protects the wood from moisture. The oil also penetrates deep into the wood and emphasizes the grain. The high elasticity of wood oil allows it to expand and contract with the wood as climatic conditions vary. Three coats are recommended with a further coat after 1-3 years. One litre covers approximately 12 to 16 square metres. Coverage varies according to the smoothness and porosity of the timber so you should order more than you need. On average five litres covers a 10x8 log cabin with three coats and ten litres covers a 20x13 log cabin with 3 coats. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow. Prices include free mainland delivery to England, Wales and southern Scotland.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 10 weeks after order.
- Our log cabin prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- Delivery is by appointment with advance notice by phone a day or two before.
- It is normally possible to deliver this log cabin even if access is restricted. The wall logs can be carried one or two at a time and all packages are designed to pass through a normal single door.
Delivery to all mainland addresses in England, Wales and southern Scotland
Our CRANE OFFLOAD service requires no manual unloading. The driver can unload quickly and easily without assistance. The pack is normally delivered onto the drive. It is sometimes possible to deliver onto the front lawn. It is not normally possible to deliver the pack into the back garden. The pack is strapped and sealed on delivery but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry.
- The crane offload option is available at all mainland addresses in England and Wales.
- The crane offload option is available in southern Scotland in DG, EH, FK1-7, FK9-15, G1-62, G64-82, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH2-5 and TD postcodes.
- The crane offload option is currently not available in Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- You will always receive advance notice of the delivery.
- Your delivery is arranged as part of a mixed load with 6 or 8 other customers in the same area.
- You can select a 1 week delivery window.
- You can delay the delivery if required, for example if your base is not ready.
- If requested the driver can phone you 30-60 minutes before arriving.
Delivery to northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and all offshore islands
Our HAND UNLOAD service requires you to provide two fit and strong people to unload by hand. Your log cabin is delivered as a large pack. A typical pack includes around 200-300 individual pieces of wood and other elements which may be heavy. Unloading by hand is not difficult if you are fit and strong and used to physical work. Unloading by hand is not recommended if you are older, unfit, ill or not used to physical work.
- The hand unload service is available in Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- You will always receive advance notice of the delivery.
- You can delay the delivery if required, for example if your base is not ready.
- If requested the driver can phone you 30-60 minutes before arriving.
- All log cabin prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this log cabin by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- Low cost installation is available in most areas
- Low fixed rates
- Payment on completion
THOUSANDS OF SATISFIED CUSTOMERS: Since we were established in 1981 we have fitted buildings for thousands of customers at unbeatable prices. Our specialist fitters have agreed to fit buildings in your area at low fixed rates in return for regular work. Payment is due on completion. To order online just add your chosen fitting option to your shopping basket before you proceed to the checkout. To order by phone just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
LOW PRICES FOR BASELAYING AND INSTALLATION: Our unique low cost installation service is available in most areas. To see the prices in your local area just enter the first half of your postcode at the top of every page or CLICK HERE. If available our installation service is offered alongside the building prices. To see the prices just click on the blue "i" symbol next to each fitter.
NO FITTERS IN YOUR AREA? If you cannot see any fitters in your area please phone us for a quotation. If you experience any other problems, for example entering your postcode or finding the fitting prices just contact us. You can phone us on 01603 721590. Lines are open 7 days a week and our expert advisers are always happy to help.
FITTERS & BASELAYERS REQUIRED - REGISTER FREE: Give your business a boost - we can put you in touch with customers in your local area! Register now - its free! We need more fitters and base layers in all areas across England, Scotland and Wales. This free service is so simple - it only takes a few minutes to register. Just phone us on 01603 721590 or CLICK HERE to apply online.
Features and Accessories
Shed base preparation and other information
DIY preservative - waterproof clear seal
Decorative felt tiles
Solar powered outside lights with motion sensors - no running costs
Solar powered string lights
DIY preservative - microporous - 3 star
DIY preservative - microporous - 4 star
DIY preservative - microporous - 5 star
DIY preservative - natural wood oil
Electric sauna heater
Rear wall glazing options
Wood burning sauna heaters
Hanging baskets and planters