8 Dec, 2021 16:20:03
Corner Summerhouse 91 - Double Door
These superb quality high specification corner summerhouses are 6'x6' (1.8x1.8m), 7'x7' (2.1x2.1m), 8'x8' (2.4x2.4m), 10'x10', (3.0x3.0m) or 12'x12' (3.6x3.6m). Features include a choice of deal or cedar cladding. Quality features include joinery doors and windows with large pane Georgian glazing. The ridge height can be reduced to under 2.5 metres high to avoid planning restrictions. Options include toughened glass, decorative felt tiles and a coloured paint treatment in a choice of colours. Instructions are supplied for self assembly.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 8th December.
The prices INCLUDE DELIVERY. Everything you need for assembly is supplied including instructions, fixings and all glazing and roofing materials.
|Size||Deal Shiplap||Thicker Deal Shiplap||Cedar||Coloured paint finish in place of golden brown||Coloured paint finish in two colours||Decorative mineral felt tiles||Cedar slatted roof||Cedar shingle roof||Toughened glass||19mm Heavy duty floor instead of standard floor||Wall, floor & roof insulation with lining||Eco-grid base, 150 tonnes per m2, fully paved||Eco-paving base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved|
|6' x 6'|
|7' x 7'|
|8' x 8'|
|10' x 10'|
|12' x 12'|
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- All doors and windows include large pane Georgian style glazing
- 10'x10' and 12'x12' summerhouses include 2 full height opening windows in each side wall
- All other summerhouses include 1 full height opening window in each side wall
- Fully glazed double doors with mortice lock fitted
- Toughened glass as standard to lower door panes
- Black antique style hinges and handles
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- Strong 2" thick planed deal framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Ornate finial
- Green mineral felted roof
- Eaves height 6'7" (2010mm)
- 6'x6' standard ridge height 8'7" or 2610mm (low ridge height 7'10" or 2385mm available at the same price)
- 7'x7' standard ridge height 9'2" or 2790mm (low ridge height 8'3" or 2480mm available at the same price)
- 8'x8' standard ridge height 9'7" or 2915mm (low ridge height 8'4" or 2500mm available at the same price)
- 10'x10' standard ridge height 9'11" (3010mm)
- 12'x12' standard ridge height 10'9" (3277mm)
GOOD QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these summerhouses is the doors, which have a mortice lock and come with black antique handles and hinges included as standard. The windows are also well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is glass retained with timber beading. Another feature is the substantial framing which ensures a more robust and durable building.
GEORGIAN GLAZING: These summerhouses feature Georgian style glazing with individual panes of glass, unlike most Georgian style summerhouses with criss cross shaped beads fitted over one large pane of glass. These smaller panes of glass are much harder to break and less dangerous when broken. The individual panes of glass are securely beaded within a substantial timber joinery frame. A considerable force is required to shatter the glass. Toughened safety glass is not normally necessary with such small panes of glass and if required it is more expensive in small panes.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner summerhouses are measured as a square based on the width of the two longest walls. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
WE ARE PROUD TO DISPLAY A SIMILAR BUILDING: You can see a similar building to this one on display at our show centre in Norwich. Although it is not exactly the same model, it is a similar building made in the same factory to a similar specification using the same components. The display will give you a good impression of the overall quality of construction. With thousands of buildings on our website and only a few dozen on display, we only display our best value buildings. We chose to display this building because it is one of our favourite buildings. We know it will bear close scrutiny. If you are able to visit us you will see the quality for yourself. PLEASE NOTE, VISITS TO OUR SHOW CENTRE ARE CURRENTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Choice of standard ridge height or low ridge height to avoid planning restrictions (under 2.5 metres high)
- Coloured external paint finish in a choice of one or two colours
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours
- Attractive and durable smooth planed cedar slatted roof on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- 4mm toughened glass to BS6206 Class A
- Heavy duty floor with 19mm thick tongued and grooved boards (finished size after machining)
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls, floor and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose one or two of our paint colours. The doors and windows can be painted the same colour as the external cladding or a different colour. This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains offer superior protection plus greater durability. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. Over time each tile sticks to the tile below for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most summerhouse floors and suitable for all normal uses. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards. The heavy duty floor features 19mm thick tongued and grooved boarding, which is similar to the tongued and grooved boarding used in housebuilding. It also features joists which are spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items such as ride on mowers and large motorbikes where a considerable weight may be concentrated on one or two small points.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is no charge for this option but notice is required with the order.
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 10 and 12 weeks after order for delivered only summerhouses.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. Most other summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and their prices are based on weight and pack sizes. National carriers normally refuse to carry glass and generally cause more damage. As a result summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are normally made in smaller sections and weigh less, with thinner cladding and framing, styrene glazing less than 2mm thick and OSB floor and roof boards just 7mm thick. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All summerhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
SPECIAL OFFER . . . FREE TOUGHENED GLASS . . . ONLY UNTIL WEDNESDAY 8th DECEMBER!
- We are giving away free toughened glass with this summerhouse!
- This offer ends on Wednesday 8th December so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!
Features and Accessories
Summerhouse base preparation and other information
SUMMERHOUSES - Base for Timber Floor - Eco-grid base, 150 tonnes per m2, fully paved
SUMMERHOUSES - Base for Timber Floor - Eco-paving base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved
Decorative felt tiles
Close up view of cladding
Cedar shingle roof
Cedar slatted roof
Solar powered inside lights - no running costs
Solar powered outside lights with motion sensors - no running costs
Solar powered string lights
Hanging baskets and planters
Window and door colours
Paint finish - Full colour chart
Paint colours - large pictures