4 Mar, 2024 10:46:36
Corner Summerhouse 985 - Painted, Large Panes
These superb quality high specification summerhouses are 6'x6' (1.8x1.8m), 7'x7' (2.1x2.1m), 8'x8' (2.4x2.4m), 10'x10' (3.0x3.0m) or 12'x12' (3.6x3.6m). Features include a choice of deal or cedar cladding with a free coloured paint treatment in one colour. Quality features include a panoramic fully glazed design with double hinged doors and at least 2 front windows. The ridge height can be reduced to under 2.5 metres high to avoid planning restrictions. Options include decorative felt tiles and a cedar shingle roof. Instructions are supplied for self assembly.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 6th March.
The prices INCLUDE DELIVERY. Everything you need for assembly is supplied including instructions, fixings and all glazing and roofing materials. The prices include free paint treatment.
|Painted, Thicker Shiplap
|External paint in 2 colours instead of 1
|Decorative mineral felt tiles
|Cedar slatted roof
|Cedar shingle roof
|19mm Heavy duty floor instead of standard floor
|Wall, floor & roof insulation with lining
|Eco-grid base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved
|Eco-paving base, fully paved
|6' x 6'
|7' x 7'
|8' x 8'
|10' x 10'
|12' x 12'
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Free paint treatment included in a choice of colours
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- Panoramic low level glazing with doors and sidelight windows fully glazed to the floor
- 6'x6', 7'x7' and 8'x8' summerhouses include 2 fully glazed two pane side windows each with a top hinged opening fanlight window, 1 each side of the doors
- 10'x10' and 12'x12' summerhouses include 4 fully glazed two pane side windows each with a top hinged opening fanlight window, 2 each side of the doors
- Fully glazed double opening hinged doors with mortice lock fitted
- Doors and windows glazed with annealed glass
- Chrome finish door handles and hinges
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- Strong 2" thick planed deal framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Ornate finial
- Green mineral felted roof
- Eaves height 6'7" (2010mm)
- 6'x6' standard ridge height 8'7" or 2610mm (low ridge height 7'10" or 2385mm available at the same price)
- 7'x7' standard ridge height 9'2" or 2790mm (low ridge height 8'3" or 2480mm available at the same price)
- 8'x8' standard ridge height 9'7" or 2915mm (low ridge height 8'4" or 2500mm available at the same price)
- 10'x10' standard ridge height 9'11" (3010mm)
- 12'x12' standard ridge height 10'9" (3277mm)
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: A high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. The appearance of colours and shades may vary between different screens or devices.
GOOD QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these summerhouses is the doors, which have a mortice lock and come with black antique handles and hinges included as standard. The windows are also well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is glass retained with timber beading. Another feature is the substantial framing which ensures a more robust and durable building.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner summerhouses are measured as a square based on the width of the two longest walls. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- 4mm toughened glass to BS6206 Class A
- Choice of one paint colour or two paint colours with the doors, windows and fascias being painted a different colour to the external cladding
- Choice of standard ridge height or low ridge height to avoid planning restrictions (under 2.5 metres high)
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours
- Attractive and durable smooth planed cedar slatted roof on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- Heavy duty floor with 19mm thick tongued and grooved boards (finished size after machining)
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls, floor and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- Portable indoor gas heaters - no need for an electricity supply or trailing leads
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
- A choice of composite decking kits
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose one or two of our paint colours. The doors and windows can be painted the same colour as the external cladding or a different colour. This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains offer superior protection plus greater durability. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. The appearance of colours and shades may vary between different screens or devices. As the name suggests, the semi-opaque preservative treatment includes a mixture of opaque pigments to provide a coloured finish combined with a translucency which allows the grain and other natural features of the wood to remain clearly visible.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. Over time each tile sticks to the tile below for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most summerhouse floors and suitable for all normal uses. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards. The heavy duty floor features 19mm thick tongued and grooved boarding, which is similar to the tongued and grooved boarding used in housebuilding. It also features joists which are spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items such as ride on mowers and large motorbikes where a considerable weight may be concentrated on one or two small points.
WPC COMPOSITE DECKING KITS: This superb quality WPC wood plastic composite decking closely resembles real wood, with the same look and feel. However, it is virtually maintenance free and it will never rot. At a glance it is difficult to tell the difference between this composite material and real timber decking with a stained finish. Furthermore, the similarities are not skin deep like a thin veneer. The realistic finish has a fibrous surface which looks similar to the grain of real wood. This synthetic composite is also heavier and stronger than real wood. The strength, durability and lack of maintenance make this superb decking a popular choice with pensioners and discerning commercial buyers such as care homes. Occasional cleaning with soapy water normally restores the original appearance. If any dirt or stains become ingrained after prolonged neglect even the most stubborn marks can be cleaned with a pressure washer.
Our WPC composite decking is a revolutionary material which provides all the benefits of real wood without the maintenance. It can be left outside uncovered all year round. Unlike real wood this synthetic wood is a weatherproof material with no knots, splinters, machining marks or other imperfections. It will never develop splits or shakes and no sap will ever ooze out of it. Our wood plastic composite is an equal mixture of real wood and recycled plastic. Even the wood is a mixture of sawdust and unusable offcuts, so it is the ultimate environmentally friendly alternative to wood. The colour pigments are mixed in before the powdered composite is moulded into shape, so the colour runs all the way through the finished product. The boards are completely impervious to water. The boards can be sawn, drilled and screwed, just like real wood. You can fix it with standard woodscrews. Being heavier and denser than real wood, screw fixings are actually stronger in composite boards.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these buildings is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your building can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is no charge for this option but notice is required with the order.
- Delivery is normally between 3 and 6 weeks after order for delivered only summerhouses.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. Most other summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and their prices are based on weight and pack sizes. National carriers normally refuse to carry glass and generally cause more damage. As a result summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are normally made in smaller sections and weigh less, with thinner cladding and framing, styrene glazing less than 2mm thick and OSB floor and roof boards just 7mm thick. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All summerhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
SPECIAL OFFER . . . FREE TOUGHENED GLASS . . . ONLY UNTIL WEDNESDAY 6th MARCH!
- We are giving away free toughened glass with this summerhouse!
- This offer ends on Wednesday 6th March so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!
Features and Accessories
Summerhouse base preparation and other information
SUMMERHOUSES - Base for Timber Floor - Eco-grid base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved
SUMMERHOUSES - Base for Timber Floor - Eco-paving base, fully paved
Decorative felt tiles
Close up view of cladding
Cedar shingle roof
Cedar slatted roof
Portable indoor gas heaters
Solar powered string lights - no running costs
Solar powered inside lights - no running costs
Solar powered mood lights - no running costs
Solar powered outside lights with motion sensors - no running costs
Solar powered spot lights - no running costs
Hanging baskets and planters
Floor mats - non slip EVA foam
Paint colours - large pictures
Window and door colours
Paint finish - Full colour chart
Toughened safety glass
WPC solid decking kits - grey
WPC decking kits - brown
WPC decking kits - grey
WPC solid decking kits - brown