9 Apr, 2020 04:27:06
Repackaged Aluminium Lean To Greenhouse 045 - Green, 6mm Polycarbonate
This incredible value lean to greenhouse is 4'2"x10'4". Features include green powder coated aluminium with 6mm thick twin wall polycarbonate safety glazing. The unique glazing design features PVC bar capping to hold the glazing more securely. The frame includes triple eaves corner plates for added strength. Extra braces and struts are also included for extra strength and rigidity. The door is in the 4'2" wide wall. Free roof vents provide ventilation and a sliding door provides access. This is lower than most other lean to greenhouses so it can be fitted at more sites. Detailed fitting instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly.
REPACKAGED PRODUCT: Our repackaged products are intact and fully usable. The price has been reduced because the product has been returned or the packaging has been damaged in our warehouse. All components are fully usable with no significant defects although there may be some imperfections or scratches. Our normal aftersales service is available for missing or faulty components exactly as for new products.
The prices INCLUDE NEXT DAY DELIVERY in mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland. Elsewhere delivery is 2-3 days at extra cost. You can choose delivery on any weekday. All glazing, fixings and instructions are included.
|Size||Repackaged with 6mm Polycarbonate and No Base Plinth||Cill anchor kit (pack of 4 brackets with cill spacers)|
|4'2" x 10'4"|
REPACKAGED PRODUCT: This product is similar to a seconds quality. It should be complete and fully functional although the packaging may not be in new condition. There should be no significant defects although there may be a few minor imperfections and scratches.
- This product is complete and fully functional
- The packaging may not be in new condition
- The components should all be fully usable
- The components should all be present with no shortages unless specifically listed
- There should be no significant defects although there may be some blemishes, imperfections or scratches
- Our normal Helpline and Spares Service is available for missing or faulty components
Our repackaged products provide an opportunity to save money. The product should be complete and almost as new. Sometimes the packaging was damaged in our warehouse. Sometimes the product was returned. Perhaps we delivered the wrong model or a customer ordered the wrong model. Whatever the reason, unless we can see that the product and packaging are both in new condition we will not send it out as new. Instead we offer it for sale as “repackaged”.
- Cill anchor kit included free
- Green powder coated aluminium greenhouse frame
- 6mm thick twin wall polycarbonate glazing (4mm polycarbonate is supplied to fit in the door and roof vent)
- Integral gutter
- Single sliding door
- T-shaped glazing bars with a central upstand for greater strength and rigidity
- Profiled eaves beam with integral gutter
- Glazing system with clear PVC bar capping which holds the polycarbonate glazing in position more securely
- Unlike other greenhouses, the unique glazing design retains the polycarbonate panels on all sides
- Vertical PVC bar capping to retain the glazing more securely to each side
- Horizontal PVC bar capping to retain the wall and roof glazing more securely
- The ridge beam features continuous horizontal grooves to retain the roof glazing more securely
- 6 triangular eaves corner plates, 3 per corner, to ensure maximum strength and rigidity
- Diagonal corner braces in every wall to provide greater structural rigidity
- Eaves struts at 2' centres reinforce the connection between the side walls and the roof
- 2 free roof vents
- Ridge height approximately 7'1" (2150mm)
- Eaves height approximately 4'1" (1245mm)
- Door width 2'1" (630mm)
- Door opening width 1'11" (590mm)
- Door height 5'9" (1760mm)
- Greenhouse width 1270mm (4'2")
- Greenhouse length 3160mm (10'4")
BASE AND CILL ANCHOR FIXING KITS - FOR SOIL OR CONCRETE: This kit makes it easy to fix your greenhouse down securely into concrete, paving slabs, decking or even soil. The brackets are profiled to grip the inside of the greenhouse cill or base plinth with fixing holes on the inside. The brackets are fixed from inside the greenhouse with coach screws fixed down into the concrete, paving slabs or decking. If you want to site your greenhouse on soil you will need a concrete trench around the perimeter or smaller pockets of concrete into which the brackets can be fixed. You can fix the cill or base plinth down with screws and wall plugs but it is much easier with our profiled brackets. Fixing the greenhouse down is recommended at all sites. The kit includes:
- Profiled anchor brackets - shaped to grip the inside of the greenhouse cill or base plinth, with predrilled fixing holes
- Masonry drill bit - used to drill the correct size hole in concrete or paving slabs
- Zinc plated coach screws - supplied complete with washers and plugs to ensure a neat easy fit
- Cill spacers - supplied with cill anchors only, not required with base anchors
Cill spacers are supplied with cill anchor packs but the spacers are only required if your base is oversize. If your base is made to the correct size the cills should overhang the base neatly so the spacers should not be needed. If the base is oversize the spacers should be fitted below the cills. Normally, the base is only oversize if you use an existing patio. If you build a base specially you should make it to the correct size.
THIS POLYCARBONATE GREENHOUSE: These great value greenhouses include a number of unique features to improve the structural rigidity and the glazing. Standard features include vertical and horizontal PVCu bar capping with triple corner brackets and additional bracing to improve the strength. The aluminium frame is green powder coated as standard and the glazing is twinwall polycarbonate, which is often an expensive extra. These sensationally cheap greenhouses are always in stock and the price includes fast delivery. The precise manufacturing and careful packing is a match for our most expensive greenhouses. With such a competitive price this metal greenhouse is a popular choice with first time buyers. With the ultra safe polycarbonate glazing it is also a popular choice for the elderly and families with children or pets.
EXTRA RIGIDITY: This greenhouse weighs more than most other polycarbonate greenhouses. The strong frame features three eaves corner brackets instead of one like other greenhouses. This ensures a stronger connection between the front, the side and the roof. The design also includes the maximum possible number of eaves struts to further improve the strength and rigidity.
UNIQUE ALL ROUND PVC BAR CAPPING: The unique glazing design ensures that the polycarbonate panels are held in place better than most polycarbonate greenhouses. A few other greenhouses feature PVCu bar capping but normally this retains the glazing along the vertical edges only. The top and bottom edges receive little or no attention. This greenhouse includes additional horizontal bar capping which retains the glazing at the top and bottom edges aswell. Because the glazing panels are retained on all sides, when the frame is fully assembled the glazing panels are more securely fixed and do not come out so easily.
TWIN WALL POLYCARBONATE: Twin wall polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and very practical. With small children or pets around polycarbonate greenhouses are safer. Polycarbonate is also safer to handle during installation. Polycarbonate greenhouses provide a similar growing environment to glass greenhouses with better insulation properties and reduced glare. Polycarbonate also provides good insulation from frost and maintains a more even temperature for better plant growth. Twin wall polycarbonate also diffuses light to prevent scorching. Twin wall polycarbonate glazing is stronger than the flimsy single skin polycarbonate sheeting supplied with some greenhouses.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.
TIPS IF HEIGHT IS RESTRICTED: At sites where the wall height is restricted it may be possible to excavate the base area in order to reduce the ground level. This is not always practical at every site as it depends on the surfaces. It may also be possible to partially bury the base plinth or cills in the ground. This is best done after the greenhouse has been delivered, so you can use the actual greenhouse components for reference. You can use the cill components to ensure that the door opening is unobstructed, also to ensure that you excavate in exactly the right area. It is normally possible to gain a couple of extra inches (50mm) in this way which effectively reduces the overall ridge height.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. The best position for a lean to greenhouse is against a south facing wall and outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Polycarbonate glazing is not recommended at exposed sites. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
LENGTH AND WIDTH: The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the sloping walls to each side. The length refers to the front wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Next day delivery or delay the delivery until you're ready at the same price
- Saturday delivery available at additional cost
- AM delivery before noon available at additional cost
- The door can be positioned in the left or right end wall and does not need to be specified when ordering the greenhouse
- Freestanding shelf units
- Downpipe kits
- Louvred vent (can be fitted in the middle of the front wall)
- Automatic roof vent opener
- Automatic louvre opener
- Water butt
GREENHOUSE ACCESSORIES - ALWAYS IN STOCK: As a specialist greenhouse supplier, established since 1981, we pride ourselves on supplying more options and accessories than other suppliers. All of our greenhouse accessories are always in stock all the time. Many accesories are only available when you buy the greenhouse and not available separately. However, we always make an exception for one of our customers - if you purchased your greenhouse from us we will always supply any accessory you need at any time, even many years afterwards.
VENTILATION: Improved ventilation increases the air circulation through the greenhouse for better growing results. Automatic openers react to heat which ensures that in hot weather the vents open in your absence and then close again when its cooler. Louvred ventilators provide a healthy air flow through the greenhouse to ensure improved growing conditions and better crops. Some plants such as alpines require more ventilation than others. If you are not yet sure which plants you are likely to grow improved ventilation will give you more versatility.
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION: This popular product is in stock now and available with next day delivery.
- Our express delivery service is currently 1 or 2 weekdays slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Normally we offer next day delivery but recently delivery is within 2-3 weekdays.
- There are no deliveries on Good Friday or Bank Holiday Monday
- On a busy day if our capacity is reached it is no longer possible to select that day for delivery. In such cases the following weekday is the earliest day available.
- In the present climate delays are a bit more likely. Delayed deliveries normally arrive on the following day.
- The express delivery service may stop at any time if government advice changes. We therefore recommend selecting the earliest available delivery day.
- If you do not select a delivery day during the process of ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards.
Please read on for full details of the delivery service for this product:
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We always have a large stock of this clearance product available - so we can always despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where the driver can contact you on the day of delivery if needed.
- We recommend that someone is present to receive your clearance product. If this is not possible we can deliver when you are out - please contact us for options.
- At most sites it is possible for the driver to deliver your clearance product into the back garden unaided. Even if your clearance product is too heavy for the driver to carry it far the lorries are equipped with trolleys for moving heavy items over hard surfaces such as concrete or tarmac.
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us when to deliver, whichever option you choose. We cannot deliver unless you tell us which day. You can select a delivery day when you order online or if you order by phone. Alternatively, you can order without specifying a day and request delivery later by phone or email.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is available throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 12 noon. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just contact us before 12 noon the day before.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is normally next day to all mainland addresses in AB, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PA21-23, PA35-36, PH1-18 and TD postcodes. Delivery is 2-3 days to mainland and offshore addresses in all other postcodes.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is normally next day to the Isle of Wight. Delivery is within 2-3 days to the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. Delivery to the Channel Islands is currently price on application.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter your BT postcode.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. To place an order just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
2-3 DAY DELIVERY: In some areas next day delivery is not possible. 2-3 day delivery is the only option in Northern Scotland, the Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. In these areas the AM before noon and Saturday delivery options are also not available.
AM DELIVERY - BEFORE NOON: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. The AM delivery option is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded.
SATURDAY DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
NO HIDDEN DELIVERY CHARGES: The price you see is the price you pay. Our clearance product prices include all delivery charges - unlike most others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process. However the prices may vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
- All clearance product prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
Features and Accessories
Automatic vent openers
Greenhouse base preparation and other information
Special delivery options - AM or Saturday
Hanging basket brackets and plant supports
Cill anchors - fixing down kits
Steel potting benches
Seed tray frames
High level shelving
Heavy duty steel 2 tier staging
Wooden potting tables
Heavy duty wooden 2 tier staging
Thermometers and soil gauges