Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used originates from sustainable forests
- Pressure treated timber boards (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Fully reversible with grooved surface on one side and smooth on the reverse
- Board thickness 28mm finished size
- Board width approximately 120mm (ex 5")
- Pressure treated timber foundation beams approximately 95x44mm (ex 4"x2")
- Foundation beams pre-assembled into framed sections for quicker installation
- Decking height approximately 123mm (5") including foundation beams
- Decking edge cover trims for two sides, 28mm thick finished size
- Main fixings feature countersunk heads and are green in colour to help blend in with the pressure treated timber decking boards
- Timber sleepers, ex 4"x8", approximately 8' long, in a choice of colours
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
TIMBER SLEEPERS: These chunky railway sleepers can be used in a number of different landscaping projects in your garden, such as dividing walls, edging, steps, as bearers or foundation beams under garden buildings, and so on. The overall size is approximately 100x200mm and 2400mm long (approximately 8ft), though they can be cut to suit on site if required. They have been pressure treated for added longevity. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment.