Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used originates from sustainable forests
- Pressure treated timber throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Fully reversible with grooved surface on one side and smooth on the reverse
- Board thickness 28mm finished size
- Board width approximately 120mm (ex 5")
- Pre-assembled balustrade panels to three sides
- Balustrade height approximately 1.0m (3'3") from decking
- Substantial 85x85mm rounded upright posts (ex 4"x4")
- Pressure treated timber foundation beams approximately 95x44mm (ex 4"x2")
- Foundation beams pre-assembled into framed sections for quicker installation
- Decking height approximately 123mm (5") including foundation beams
- Decking edge cover trims for two sides, 28mm thick finished size
- Main fixings feature countersunk heads and are green in colour to help blend in with the pressure treated timber decking boards
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.