Click this messge to hide it.
- These sheds include immersion treatment in light brown preservative as standard
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal wall framework (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal floor joists (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal roof purlins (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- All timber construction with no chipboard, plywood, OSB or other man made boards or sheet materials
- Windows glazed with 2mm thick clear styrene
- Modular design allowing many possible configurations
- 6'x4' sheds include 1 wall panel containing 2 non opening windows
- 6'x8' sheds include 2 wall panels containing 2 non opening windows each
- 6'x12' sheds include 3 wall panels containing 2 non opening windows each
- Mineral felted roof
- Key locking door
- Ledged and braced door with horizontal ledges and diagonal braces
- Single hinged door 2'7" wide x 5'7" high (785mm x 1693mm)
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside approximately 5'11" (1810mm)
- External eaves height approximately 6'1" (1850mm)
- Internal ridge height approximately 6'9" (2055mm)
- External ridge height approximately 7'0" (2135mm)
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
FAST DELIVERY FROM STOCK: The revolutionary design of these sheds allows fast delivery from stock of standard sheds using the same modular wall panels, while at the same time allowing a wide range of door and window layouts to suit many different uses. Traditionally sheds have been individually made to order to suit your individual design but this process takes a month or more. Until now the only sheds which are available with fast delivery are made to one design only and often to a very basic specification. These sheds include a more flexible design and a number of quality features.
MULTIPLE DOOR AND WINDOW POSITIONS: The clever modular design includes many wall panels of the same width which are interchangeable. As a result the door and window design can be customised to suit your requirements. The door can be positioned almost anywhere in any wall to provide the best access from within your garden. The windows can also be sited to provide the most light. The door and window positions can be decided on site during installation - this does not need to be specified when ordering.
TONGUED & GROOVED FLOOR & ROOF - NO MAN MADE BOARDS: The floor and roof feature 12mm thick interlocking tongued and grooved boards with 2" thick framing. This is stronger and longer lasting than the flimsy man made boards which are normally included with other sheds at around these prices. Man made boards do not last as long in damp conditions. The man made boards commonly used in cheaper sheds include chipboard and OSB or oriented strand board. These are often described vaguely as a "sheet floor" or "solid sheet" or a "solid board floor".
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These garden sheds feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your garden shed. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang.