Click this messge to hide it.
- Toughened safety glass with no glass overlaps
- Black powder coated aluminium framing
- Box section aluminium framing throughout with hollow chambers to provide greater strength and rigidity
- Box section glazing bars, corner posts, cills, eaves beams, ridge beam, door frames and vent frames
- Box section cills make a separate base plinth unnecessary, which makes installation easier
- Clip free glazing system with bar capping to hold the glazing in position more securely
- Black powder coated aluminium bar capping
- Door capping and vent capping feature attractive mitred corners
- Bar capping securely retained with discreet fixings on the inside
- Pre-drilled holes make fixing the bar capping easy
- Frame profiles and bar capping feature a decorative reeded finish
- Heavy duty quadruple wheel door rollers with 8 wheels per door for better performance and durability
- Push fit cill corner connectors are smart, strong and easy to fit
- Push fit gable connectors ensure greater strength
- Click fit aluminium corner connectors ensure stronger doors and roof vents
- 4 free opening roof vents
- Opening roof vents include manual openers with casement stays and pins - the vents can be fixed in a closed position
- Door handle with lock included - the doors can be fixed in a closed position
- Base fixing kit included with heavy duty anchor brackets and expanding bolts
- Optional braces and struts, easy to fit or remove, recommended for all greenhouses at exposed sites
- 9 horizontal braces
- 14 diagonal wall braces
- 6 roof braces
- 8 eaves struts
- 4 ridge struts
- 4 black PVC stopend gutter outlets
- 4 black PVC downpipes
- 8 black PVC downpipe bends
- 4 black PVC downpipe clips
- Door height 6'3" (1915mm)
- Eaves height 5'7" (1710mm)
- Ridge height 8'2" (2500mm)
- Width 8'4" (2530mm)
- Length 10'6" (3190mm)
- Overall weight excluding glass 82kg
- Overall weight including glass 404kg
THIS PREMIUM QUALITY GREENHOUSE: These well engineered aluminium greenhouses feature black powder coated frames with toughened safety glass at surprisingly affordable prices. These greenhouses are always in stock and the price includes free next day delivery. From a technical viewpoint this greenhouse is heavier and more rigid than others at similar prices and the glazing is held in better. The precise manufacturing and careful packing is a match for our most expensive greenhouses. Sophisticated features include box section framing throughout with smart and strong aluminium bar capping. The competitive price and fast delivery ensure that this greenhouse is an ever popular choice.
EXTRA RIGIDITY: This greenhouse is heavier than most other greenhouses with box section framing throughout. Box section frame profiles feature a hollow chamber for additional strength. It is not just the ridge and eaves which are box section but also the corner posts, cills and glazing bars. Even the door and vent framing are box section profiles. The strength of the eaves and ridge is significantly improved by simple push fit corner connectors. In addition, specially designed corner brackets ensure that the vent frame and door framing are stronger.
ALUMINIUM BAR CAPPING: The decorative aluminium glazing beads are more attractive than other greenhouses but they also retain the glazing better. The unique glazing design ensures that the glass is securely fixed in place continuously along every edge including the top and bottom edges. With most greenhouses the glazing is retained along the vertical edges only and the top and bottom edges receive little or no attention. The glass is retained along the entire length of the framing. As a result, when the frame is fully assembled the glass is more securely fixed. The unique aluminium beads clip into a groove in the aluminium glazing bars. The tight fit ensures that the glass/glazing is retained without fixings but the real strength comes from discreet self tapping screws which are fitted on the inside. The holes are predrilled so this important task is quickly and easily completed. The screws are partially concealed within a groove in the framing. The result is the strongest and neatest greenhouse glazing system we have ever seen in any greenhouse.
UNRIVALLED BRACING: The kit includes optional horizontal braces, diagonal braces, eaves struts and ridge struts. The braces and struts are recommended at exposed sites. At less exposed sites the braces and struts are not essential if you prefer an uncluttered design. All of the braces and struts can be easily fitted or removed retrospectively if you change your mind.
TOUGHENED GLASS: Toughened glass is the best glazing material for use in greenhouses. It is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break and when it does break toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly. Toughened glass also strengthens the frame and it is heavy which helps to resist wind. Although size limits apply, toughened glass panes are longer than horticultural glass, with no overlapping glass and fewer joins. Where required, joins are neat in-line H-profile joins. Greenhouse glass is subject to lower visual standards than other more expensive glass and may include blemishes or imperfections which do not adversely affect the performance.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.
STRUCTURAL CILLS: This greenhouse includes low profile structural cills. A separate base plinth is not required. Structural cills are designed to suit a low threshold doorway. They are stronger than normal greenhouse cills with a lower profile than a traditional base plinth. Structural cills feature a flat underside to spread the weight of the greenhouse over a larger area. They can be placed on concrete, paving slabs, bricks or decking but structural cills should not be placed on soil or gravel.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls.