Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Pressure Treated Greenhouse 510 - Toughened Glass
- Free same day installation
- Free full length two tier timber slatted staging with a built in potting tray to one side of the greenhouse, top shelf 1'10" wide (550mm), lower shelf 1'7" wide (485mm)
- All timber used in the construction of this greenhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Heavy duty timber frame (finished size 57mm x 33mm after machining)
- Pressure treated timber throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Full height glass to half the greenhouse where practical with no unsightly glass overlaps
- 3'3" high (980mm) integral timber panelling to half the greenhouse. Partially clad sides offer maximum heat retention in the winter and are ideal for growing shade-loving plants such as ferns.
- Roof is half glass and half timber covered with roofing felt
- Modern glazing system with grooved framing and no separate glazing beads
- Toughened safety glass
- 1 free roof vent complete with automatic opener (4'3", 6'4" and 8'5" long greenhouses)
- 2 free roof vents complete with automatic openers (10'6", 12'7", 14'7" and 16'8" long greenhouses)
- 3 free roof vents complete with automatic openers (18'8" long greenhouses)
- 4 free roof vents complete with automatic openers (20'9" long greenhouses)
- 1 free side vent (4'3", 6'4", 8'5" and 10'6" long greenhouses)
- 2 free side vents (12'8", 14'7" and 16'8" long greenhouses)
- 3 free side vents (18'8" long greenhouses)
- 4 free side vents (20'9" long greenhouses)
- Half boarded single hinged inward opening door
- Joinery door with morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Black antique door handle with mortice lock
- Low threshold doorway for easy access
- Decorative ridge cresting
- Door height 6'4" (1920mm)
- Door width 2'0" (600mm)
- Eaves height 5'5" (1650mm)
- Ridge height 7'9" (2350mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality greenhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your greenhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER PANELLING: The integral timber panelling is pressure treated tongued and grooved matchboarding. Timber panelling offers better heat retention in the winter than fully glazed greenhouses and it is ideal for growing shade-loving plants such as ferns. The pressure treated cladding boards are fully built into the greenhouse frame as an integral part which cannot be detached.
TOUGHENED GLASS: Toughened glass is the best glazing material for use in greenhouses. It is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break and when it does break toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly. Toughened glass also strengthens the frame and it is heavy which helps to resist wind. Full height toughened glass is supplied in larger sizes than horticultural glass with no overlapping glass.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- High quality paint system offered in a choice of colours
- Choice of staging and panelling to the left or right side (viewed from outside)
- Choice of door hinges on the left or right (viewed from outside)
- PVC gutters with downpipe and stopends
- Additional one tier staging to provide a staging to both sides of the greenhouse. Pressure treated slatted staging, length to suit the greenhouse, 24" wide (600mm).
- Pressure treated high level shelving, length to suit the greenhouse, 10" wide (250mm)
- Attractive wooden slatted water butts
- Electric and gas heaters
- Thermometers and soil gauges
- Automatic watering systems
COLOURED PAINT FINISH: This greenhouse is available treated inside and outside with a high quality microporous paint system in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
- Delivery is normally between 15 and 20 weeks after order.
- Our greenhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These greenhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper greenhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only. Carriers cause more damage and normally refuse to carry glass or large panels. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, greenhouses delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All greenhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this greenhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
FREE INSTALLATION: This greenhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other buildings. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality buildings which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these greenhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.