Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this product originates from sustainable forests
- FSC Mix Credit, FSC certified product, certificate code INT-COC-003944, licence number FSC-C109654
- To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd")
- 45mm thick double tongued and grooved wall logs
- Strong 18mm thick tongued and grooved roof boards
- Strong 18mm thick tongued and grooved floor boards
- Pressure treated 70mm x 45mm floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Strong ex 6"x3" roof beams (approximately 70mm x 140mm finished size after machining)
- Unique hybrid corner post assembly with substantial timber inside and weatherproof aluminium outside
- Substantial 90x90mm and 88x88mm internal timber corner posts (finished size after machining)
- Powder coated aluminium external corner trims
- Double glazed doors and windows with annealed glass (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Contemporary panoramic glazing
- Powder coated aluminium doors and sidelight windows
- Lockable fully glazed sliding door with handles and keys
- Multi-point locking system
- Double sliding patio doors with sidelight windows overall size 4.00m wide x 2.03m high (13'1" x 6'8")
- 2 sets of single sliding patio door with sidelight window overall size 2.04m wide x 2.03m high (6'8" x 6'8")
- Patio door clear opening size approximately 0.95m wide x 1.93m high (3'1" x 6'4")
- Metal door thresholds
- Internal skirting boards
- Heavy duty galvanized steel roof joist support brackets
- External cabin size 4.2m deep x 4.2m wide (13'9"x13'9")
- Internal size approximately 4.09m deep x 4.09m wide (13'6" x 13'6")
- Minimum base size 4.2m deep x 4.2m wide (13'9"x13'9") excluding roof overhang support posts
- Minimum base size 4.2m deep x 7.2m wide (13'9" x 23'7") including roof overhang support posts
- Roof size approximately 4.4m deep x 7.4m wide (14'5" x 24'2")
- Overall ridge height approximately 2.46m (8'1") including floor joists and roof boards
A MODERN HYBRID LOG CABIN: This sophisticated modern log cabin combines substantial timber logs and panoramic aluminium doors and windows to provide an elegant contemporary appearance with sleek lines. The hybrid design also includes unique construction features which ensure strength and rigidity. Installation is simple and straightforward but slower than a conventional log cabin. The finished construction is strong and well built.
UNIQUE LOG CORNER ASSEMBLY: This quality log building features a unique hybrid corner assembly system, with sturdy internal timber posts and durable aluminium external cover trims. Each log is securely fixed in place. The external cover trims fully enclose the corners to keep the weather out and the tough powder coated finish matches the doors and windows. The finished assembly is strong, weatherproof and draughtproof. It also enhances the modern appearance of this distinctive garden room.
MODERN PARAPET ROOF DESIGN: The log parapet walls extend a few inches above the roof line, providing an elegant modern appearance with no visible roof slope and little evidence of the roof. The roof is fixed just below the top of the walls and slopes gently to the rear. A full width fascia board at the rear matches the roof line, allowing for rainwater drainage while concealing the roof. The rear fascia board can be trimmed to suit roof insulation. A parapet roof offers some extra protection from wind. Fitting roof coverings to a parapet roof is a little more difficult with more folds required in the corners.
LOG CABINS - THE BENEFITS: Log cabins are popular for many reasons, especially as a comfortable garden room to sit and relax in but also as a workshop or heavy duty storage shed. On the outside cabins have a chunky look and feel. On the inside, with no internal framework, the clean lines look smarter than the inside of a traditional shed or summerhouse. In addition, the wall logs are thicker than the shiplap cladding used in traditional sheds and summerhouses, which provides better insulation. If you want the option of winter use we recommend floor and roof insulation, which is difficult to fit retrospectively so it needs to be fitted with the cabin. We offer low price insulation packs complete with fixings and instructions. Where available, double glazing also improves the insulation especially if the cabin has a large glazed area. Another significant benefit of log cabins is that you get more wood for your money when compared with a traditional shed or summerhouse or garden office. With no prefabricated wall panels a log cabin requires less production time.
NORDIC SPRUCE: This building is manufactured from 100% Nordic Spruce, the best quality timber used in log cabin construction. Nordic Spruce is grown primarily in the well managed forests of Scandinavia, Siberia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than trees grown in warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a dense grain pattern. These forests are expertly managed on a sustainable basis so Nordic Spruce is an enviromentally friendly choice.
FSC® CERTIFIED TIMBER: This product is FSC certified. Our FSC licence number is FSC-C109654. Our FSC chain of custody certificate code is INT-COC-003944. To verify our membership visit FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd"). Please note if you want a genuine FSC certified product it must include a valid FSC claim, which must include a valid licence number and/or certificate code from a genuine FSC member. It must also be described as FSC 100% or FSC Mix Credit or FSC Mix 70%. Claims that "we use FSC timber" or "our suppliers are FSC certified" are dishonest, because the FSC certifies products and not suppliers. If the claim is invalid the timber is not FSC certified.
ABOUT THE FSC®: The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is a non profit organization which promotes responsible forest management throughout the world. Since 1994 the FSC has certified over 190 million acres of forest in over 80 countries. The FSC confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves the natural ecosystem and benefits the lives of local people and workers but also sustains economic viablility. FSC certification ensures that forests are responsibly managed by protecting plant and animal species, the rights of indigenous people and the safety of forest workers. FSC chain of custody certification verifies that FSC-certified material has been identified and separated from non-certified and non-controlled material at every step throughout the supply chain.
DOUBLE GLAZING: Our double glazed doors and windows ensure that your log cabin is warmer and cheaper to heat. We recommend double glazing if you want to use your cabin all year round. Double glazing also provides additional sound insulation. If you expect to use your cabin frequently and often for prolonged periods we also recommend floor and roof insulation. Insulation ensures a more comfortable environment on the hottest days in the summer and the coldest days in winter.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coating provides an attractive and tough finish which has excellent weathering properties. It retains its gloss and colour superbly, providing a similar finish to that found on domestic washing machines.
WEATHERPROOF DOUBLE GROOVED LOGS: Thinner wall logs feature a single tongue and groove but thicker logs feature a double tongue and groove. The double tongue and groove provides a stronger and more weatherproof joint. Thicker logs also provide improved insulation.
HEAVY DUTY TONGUED AND GROOVED FLOOR: This cabin includes a heavy duty timber floor with tongued and grooved floor boards and substantial floor joists. Skirting boards are also included to ensure a neat internal finish. The floor joists and tongued and grooved boards are supplied loose for fast assembly on site. Unlike many log cabin floor kits, all timber is cut to size which saves time during installation. It also ensures that there are no visible joins in the finished floor. The floor is assembled quickly with no visible joints. With some cheaper cabins the boards must be cut to fit on site. This takes much longer and many of the joins are visible afterwards.
PRESSURE TREATED FOUNDATION BEAMS: Substantial foundation beams are laid on the base to support the walls. This ensures that the wall logs are not in contact with the ground. The foundation beams are pressure treated for durability. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently fixed in the wood. Tanalith E is the most popular preservative used so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. With the foundation beams this log cabin can be built without a floor if required.
DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the side walls. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.