Stock products are delivered within a few days. Many other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Hipped Garden Office 403 - Painted, Double Glazed PVCu
- Free same day installation
- Individually made to order
- Free external paint system included in a wide choice of colours
- Free laminate floor in a choice of attractive finishes
- Large glazed area with low level glazing included
- Contemporary plain glazing style with panoramic large panes
- PVCu doors and windows
- Mortice lock with handles and keys
- Key locking windows
- Chrome plated door and window handles
- Premium double glazed doors and windows with 28mm thick double glazing units and 20mm air gaps
- All timber used in the construction of this garden office originates from sustainable forests
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework (45mm x 45mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" x 2" floor joists (45mm x 45mm finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed roof purlins (45mm x 45mm finished size after machining)
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours
- Fully insulated roof
- Fully insulated walls
- Internal walls and ceiling lined with decorative primed MDF boarding
- Eaves height 7'2" (2200mm)
- Ridge height 10'5" (3180mm)
8' wide garden offices
- Fully glazed PVCu double hinged doors
- Fully glazed double hinged doors, 4'1" wide x 6'7" high (1230mm x 2010mm)
- 1 fully glazed front window, 1'11" wide x 6'7" high (585mm x 2010mm)
- 2 fully glazed two pane side windows with top hinged opening fanlight window, one in each side wall, 1'11" wide x 6'7" high (585mm x 2010mm)
10' wide garden offices
- Fully glazed double hinged doors, 4'1" wide x 6'7" high (1230mm x 2010mm)
- 2 fully glazed front windows, each 1'11" wide x 6'7" high (585mm x 2010mm)
- 2 fully glazed two pane side windows each with a top hinged opening fanlight window, one in each side wall, 1'11" wide x 6'7" high (585mm x 2010mm)
12', 14', 16', 18', 20' and 22' wide garden offices
- Fully glazed double hinged doors, 5'5" wide x 6'7" high (1650mm x 2010mm)
- 2 fully glazed front windows, each 2'7" wide x 6'7" high (795mm x 2010mm)
- 2 fully glazed two pane side windows each with a top hinged opening fanlight window, one in each side wall, 2'7" wide x 6'7" high (795mm x 2010mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
LINED AND INSULATED WALLS: These high specification garden offices feature fully lined and insulated walls with 45mm x 45mm planed deal framework. The insulation is 50mm thick mineral wool combined with a reflective aluminium foil vapour barrier. An additional waterproof membrane is also included. The walls are fully lined inside with decorative primed MDF boarding as standard. The decorative MDF lining features vertical tongued and grooved boarding with a matt white painted finish. Whilst most customers leave this untreated, it can be re-painted any colour of your choice. The internal lining boards are made in pre-fabricated panels for easier and more precise fitting on site. The panels feature additional horizontal framing and the overall width of the cavity is approximately 65mm.
LINED AND INSULATED ROOF: The roof features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards and 50mm thick mineral wool insulation combined with a reflective aluminium foil vapour barrier. The underside of the roof is lined with decorative MDF with matt white painted finish to match the walls.
LAMINATE FLOOR: These quality garden offices feature 45mm x 45mm planed floor joists with 12mm thick tongued and grooved floorboards and a reflective vapour barrier. Hard wearing 8mm thick laminate flooring with underlay is included as standard.
FREE EXTERNAL PAINT TREATMENT: This garden room is treated with a high quality paint system in a choice of opaque colours. Externally one or two colours can be chosen. The colour of the external cladding is always the main colour. The doors, windows and fascias can be painted in either the main colour if you want one colour throughout or in a different colour if you specify a second external colour. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
HIGH SPECIFICATION DOORS & WINDOWS: The doors and windows in this garden office are similar to those used in modern house building, with high performance PVCu frames and sashes. Features include multi chamber frame profiles and sealed unit double glazing. All sashes are fitted with draught excluders and good quality ironmongery.
DOUBLE GLAZING: Our double glazed doors and windows ensure that your office is warmer and cheaper to heat. We recommend double glazing if you want to use your office all year round. Double glazing also provides additional sound insulation. If you expect to use your office frequently and often for prolonged periods we also recommend floor and roof insulation. Insulation ensures a more comfortable environment on the hottest days in the summer and the coldest days in winter.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. Over time each tile sticks to the tile below for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
WE ARE PROUD TO DISPLAY A SIMILAR BUILDING: You can see a similar building to this one on display at our show centre in Norwich. Although it is not exactly the same model, it is a similar building made in the same factory to a similar specification using the same components. The display will give you a good impression of the overall quality of construction. With thousands of buildings on our website and only a few dozen on display, we only display our best value buildings. We chose to display this building because it is one of our favourite buildings. We know it will bear close scrutiny. If you are able to visit us you will see the quality for yourself. Our Show Centre is open 7 days a week with expert advisors always available.
- PVCu doors and windows offered in a choice of colours
- High quality external paint finish offered in a choice of colours
- Internal walls and ceiling lined with 12mm deal tongued and grooved vertical match boarding
- Doors and windows can be positioned anywhere to suit your individual requirements. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased.
- Fully insulated floor
- Choice of black or white PVCu guttering with downpipe, both sides of the office
- Decorative red, brown, green or black mineral felt tiles
- Eco rubber slate-effect roof tiles in black finish
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- Cedar slatted roof, manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards
- Pressure treated 3" x 3" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Additional windows
- This garden office can be made in smaller sections if access is restricted
MADE TO MEASURE: These summerhouses can be individually designed to suit your exact needs at little or no extra cost. Additional windows are a standard option. The price normally increases only if the number of windows is increased. To see our standard door and window layouts look at DESIGN OPTIONS elsewhere within this product description. If none of the standard designs are suitable just contact us. You can send a sketch of your design by e-mail, fax or post.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. The external cladding will be painted in your choice of colour. The fascias will be painted in a similar colour to match the PVCu doors and windows. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
ECO ROOF SLATES: These hardwearing slate effect roof tiles are made from 100% recycled polyethylene resin. They are unbreakable, impervious to water and maintenance free. They also provide better insulation than traditional roof slate and the fine detail provides an authentic finish.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your summerhouse. The bearers are the only part of the summerhouse which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these offices is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your office can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 19 and 22 weeks after order.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only. Carriers cause more damage and normally refuse to carry glass or large panels. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This summerhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other summerhouses. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality summerhouses which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these summerhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.
SPECIAL OFFERS . . . FREE PAINT FINISH . . . FREE LAMINATE FLOOR . . . OFFERS END MONDAY 1st NOVEMBER!
- We are giving away a free external paint finish with every summerhouse!
- We are also giving away a free laminate floor with every summerhouse!
- All offers end on Monday 1st November so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!