Click this messge to hide it.
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All summerhouses are either pressure treated (lifetime preservative treatment) or treated by total immersion in a high quality based preservative
- Strong ex 2" planed framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" floor joists
- Strong ex 2" planed roof purlins (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 6'x6' summerhouse includes 2 non opening 6 pane Georgian style windows, one each side
- All other summerhouses include 2 fully opening 9 pane Georgian style windows, one each side
- Joinery windows glazed with 3mm annealed glass and vertical timber beads with external silicone seal
- Fully glazed Georgian style joinery double doors
- Black antique style door handles and hinges
- Mortice lock with handle and keys
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal height at the lowest point inside 6'3" (1900mm)
- Height at the rear 6'9" (2070mm) on 10'x10' summerhouses
- Height at the front 7'4" (2236mm) on 10'x10' summerhouses
- Height at the rear 6'7" (2000mm) on all other summerhouses
- Height at the front 7'1" (2166mm) on all other summerhouses
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
JOINERY DOORS AND WINDOWS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the joinery doors and windows with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. These intricate joints are harder to pull apart and therefore stronger. The ends of the timber are also better protected and therefore more durable.
GEORGIAN GLAZING: These summerhouses feature Georgian style glazing with individual panes of glass, unlike most Georgian style summerhouses with criss cross shaped beads fitted over one large pane of glass. These smaller panes of glass are much harder to break and less dangerous when broken. The individual panes of glass are securely beaded within a substantial timber joinery frame. A considerable force is required to shatter the glass. Toughened safety glass is not normally necessary with such small panes of glass and if required it is more expensive in small panes.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner summerhouses are measured as a square based on the width of the two longest walls. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.