Stock products are delivered within a few days. Many other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Aluminium Greenhouse 024 - Silver, Clip Free, Ex Display, Collection Only
Only one available. When its gone its gone. Its first come first served.
EX DISPLAY BUILDING for sale at NORWICH!
WE ARE PROUD TO DISPLAY THIS BUILDING: With thousands of buildings on our website and only a few dozen on display, we chose to display this building because it is one of our favourites. We know it will last well and it bears close scrutiny.
- This building has been on display for several years and routine maintenance is now due, which is reflected in the discounted price.
- This building is usable with no significant defects and if assembled with care it should last for years with periodic maintenance.
- Available now for immediate collection
- Delivery is not available
- Installation is not available
- Buyer to dismantle and collect
COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF:
- If you are able to visit us you will see the quality for yourself.
- Our Show Centre is currently closed but you can view this building by appointment only between 10am and 3pm Monday-Friday.
- The address is Summer Garden Buildings, Liberator House, Bidwell Road, Rackheath Industrial Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR13 6PT.
RETAIL VALUE AS NEW: This building is a current model. You can see Aluminium Greenhouse 024 displayed on our website today. A breakdown of the retail prices for the equivalent specifications is listed below:
- £299 ... Aluminium Greenhouse 024
- £35 ... Green 4 tier shelf unit
- £334 ...Total including delivery (Retail value as new)
- 5mm thick twin wall polycarbonate glazing
- Silver finish aluminium framing
- Hollow box section aluminium framing throughout provides greater strength and rigidity
- Box section glazing bars, corner posts and ridge beam
- 2 part eaves beams feature a box section structural beam on the inside with a separate integral gutter profile fitted on the outside
- Box section base plinth
- Clip free glazing system which holds the polycarbonate glazing in position more securely
- Continuous metal grooves in all of the aluminium framing profiles hold the glazing more securely on all four sides - the glazing bars, corner posts, eaves beams and ridge beam all feature metal grooves to retain the glazing more securely all round
- Unique push-fit corner connectors ensure stronger joints and make installation quicker and easier
- 4 push-fit 3 way strong polypropylene cill connectors, one in each corner
- 4 push-fit 3 way strong polypropylene eaves connectors, one in each corner
- 2 push-fit 3 way strong polypropylene ridge connectors, one in the front gable and one in the rear gable
- 4 L-shaped 2 way strong polypropylene door frame connectors ensure a stronger door
- The tallest glazing panels are divided in two for added strength with rigid aluminium glazing bars at the joints
- Includes 1 opening roof vent
- Opening roof vent includes manual opener with casement stay and pins - unlike others the vent can be fixed in a closed position
- Single outward opening hinged door in the 6' wide front wall
- Door handle with sliding latch included - unlike others, the door can be fixed in the closed position
- Eaves height including base plinth approximately 4'10" (1485mm)
- Ridge height including base plinth approximately 6'9" (2050mm)
- 6'x4' greenhouse including base plinth overall weight approximately 28kg
THIS EASY ASSEMBLY GREENHOUSE: These great value polycarbonate greenhouses feature unique push-fit corner connectors and box section aluminium framing throughout. The result is a stronger and more rigid frame which is much quicker and easier to assemble. Clip free glazing within the strong frame ensures that the glazing panels are held in better. From a technical viewpoint this greenhouse features more sophisticated engineering than others at similar prices. The glazing is durable twinwall polycarbonate. This greenhouse is always in stock and the price includes fast delivery. The precise manufacturing and careful packing is a match for our most expensive greenhouses. This easy assembly greenhouse is a popular choice with first time buyers. With the ultra safe polycarbonate glazing it is also a popular choice for the elderly and families with children or pets.
PUSH-FIT CORNER CONNECTORS: This sophisticated greenhouse features unique push fit aluminium corner connectors which simply slide into place. This makes installation much quicker and easier. The corner joints are also stronger. The cills, corner posts, eaves beams and ridge beam are all connected to each other quickly and easily with push fit connectors. With stronger corners the main structure is more rigid which makes it easier to fit the intermediate glazing bars and braces with conventional bolts. The result is a stronger frame which is fitted in much less time.
BOX SECTION ALUMINIUM THROUGHOUT: This substantial greenhouse features hollow box section aluminium framing throughout. It is not just the ridge and eaves beams which are box section but also the base plinth, cills, glazing bars and the corner posts. Even the door features box section framing throughout. Box section aluminium profiles feature a hollow chamber which ensures extra strength and rigidity. Most greenhouses feature T-shaped or H-shaped glazing bar profiles which are not as strong. Only expensive greenhouses normally feature any box section framing at all but this greenhouse features box section framing throughout at a sensational price.
CLIP FREE GLAZING SYSTEM: The unique glazing system ensures that the polycarbonate panels are held in place within continuous metal grooves along all four edges. With most greenhouses the glazing is retained along the vertical edges only with the top and bottom edges receiving little or no attention. This framing features an integral full length metal groove into which the edges of the glazing panels slide on all 4 sides. The metal grooves in the glazing bars and corner posts retain the vertical edges of each glazing panel. Similar grooves in the cills, gutters and ridge ensure that the horizontal edges are held in equally well. As a result, when the frame is fully assembled the glazing panels are more securely fixed and do not come out so easily. Unlike other glazing systems, no fixings, clips or capping strips are required. This gives a much more flush, clean looking finish.
STRONGER GABLE WALL GLAZING: The tallest glazing panels in the rear wall and to each side of the doors are divided in two for added strength. One piece panels are more likely to flex and spring out in winds. Strong aluminium glazing bars at the horizontal joints provide additional rigidity, unlike the plastic jointing profiles used by some others. The grooves in the horizontal glazing bars ensure that the glazing is retained more securely.
TWIN WALL POLYCARBONATE: Twin wall polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and very practical. With small children or pets around polycarbonate greenhouses are safer. Polycarbonate is also safer to handle during installation. Polycarbonate greenhouses provide a similar growing environment to glass greenhouses with better insulation properties and reduced glare. Polycarbonate also provides good insulation from frost and maintains a more even temperature for better plant growth. Twin wall polycarbonate also diffuses light to prevent scorching. Twin wall polycarbonate glazing is stronger than the flimsy single skin polycarbonate sheeting supplied with some greenhouses.
SILVER FINISH ALUMINIUM: Silver finish is the natural colour of aluminium before it is painted. It is cheaper than painted aluminum but just as strong and durable. An unpainted aluminium greenhouse will gradually oxidise producing fine grey powder forms on the surface of the greenhouse. This is the aluminium's natural self protection and it does not harm the greenhouse. Oxidisation occurs quicker in areas of high pollution or in coastal areas.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Polycarbonate glazing is not recommended at exposed sites. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls.
- Freestanding shelf units
- Automatic roof vent opener
- Durable plastic floor or footpath with interlocking polypropylene tiles, assembled within a few minutes
- Water butt
GREENHOUSE ACCESSORIES - ALWAYS IN STOCK: As a specialist greenhouse supplier, established since 1981, we pride ourselves on supplying more options and accessories than other suppliers. All of our greenhouse accessories are always in stock all the time. Many accesories are only available when you buy the greenhouse and not available separately. However, we always make an exception for one of our customers - if you purchased your greenhouse from us we will always supply any accessory you need at any time, even many years afterwards.
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
POLYPROPYLENE FLOOR TILES: A durable polypropylene floor or footpath is an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Easy to install within a few minutes, these interlocking polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. Unlike slabs or concrete these pavers are lightweight, easy to install and fully relocatable. Designed to spread weight, the finished floor is capable of supporting 36 tonnes per square metre. First the ground is levelled and then the pavers are laid directly on the soil. The pavers can also be laid on grass, sand or gravel. The finished floor or footpath is self draining and suitable for wheelbarrows and wheelchairs. It fits comfortably inside the greenhouse with a few inches to spare. The tiles are easily prised apart by folding so the floor is even quicker to remove if required.
Please scroll down to see customer reviews about this product. All reviews are genuine unsolicited emails from customers after they purchased this product from us. Click here to see more customer reviews of all products.
Thanks for your service - my order arrived on time today!
Malcolm, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3, 6x4 Greenhouse 024, 26th November 2018
Yes I did receive it and as promised sent a photograph of the culprit and tattered remains of the original instructions.
I must also congratulate you on the service we have received from you. Ordering was easy, delivery was excellent and your response to my email regarding the instructions was fantastic.
Pam, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1, 6x4 Greenhouse 024, 26th May 2018
Hi, thank you very much for your speedy response. It is now crystal clear. Really appreciate your excellent service.
Alan, Stewarton, East Ayrshire, KA3, 6x4 Greenhouse 024, 11th May 2018
I just wanted send my thanks to the SGB team for the excellent customer service that I received. Your no quibble attitude to replacing some greenhouse parts that arrived damaged was much appreciated. I now have two of your greenhouses and I am very pleased with both models, which I think are excellent value for money. Hopefully I will be a returning customer sometime soon.
Martin, Lighthorne, Warwickshire, CV35, 6x10 Greenhouse 024, 10th April 2018
As always a first class and very helpful service.
Thank you for you detailed and very helpful reply.
It is much appreciated
Chris, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28, 6x4 Greenhouse 024, 8th February 2018