Decking Tile Kit 240 - Pressure Treated, Grooved Finish
These great value decking tile kits are available in 34 popular sizes from approximately 5'x10' to 11'6"x20' (1.5x3.0m to 3.5x6.0m). The tiles are 500x500mm in area and 32mm thick. The boards feature a non slip surface with an attractive grooved finish. All timber is pressure treated. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative finish. Installation is easy with no complex joints. The tiles are simply butted together. The tiles can be laid in a variety of patterns including herringbone and continuous straight lines. Accessories include low cost joist kits, eco-grid bases and fixing screws. Instructions are included.
- All timber used originates from sustainable forests
- Pressure treated timber throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Non slip grooved surface with narrow grooved pattern
- Tile size 500mm x 500mm
- Overall tile thickness 32mm
- Ex 2" wide decking boards, finished size 45mm x 16mm
- Ex 2" wide planed framing, finished size 45mm x 16mm
- Framing spaced at only 10" (250mm) centres
- Overall deck widths 1.5m (4'11"), 2.0m (6'7"), 2.5m (8'2"), 3.0m (9'10") and 3.5m (11'6")
- Overall deck lengths 3.0m (9'10"), 3.5m (11'6"), 4.0m (13'1"), 4.5m (14'9"), 5.0m (16'5"), 5.5m (18'1") and 6.0m (19'8")
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
- Next day delivery or delay the delivery until you're ready at the same price
- Saturday delivery available at additional cost
- AM delivery before noon available at additional cost
- The tiles can be laid in a choice of patterns, including herringbone or continuous straight lines
- The tiles can be laid directly onto a solid base with or without joists
- Pressure treated timber joist kits are required if the base is uneven
- Levelling shims
Ground level joist kits
Our decking tiles are ideal if you want a simple ground level deck. However, if you want an elevated platform base we recommend using decking boards. This is because decking tiles require more framing than decking boards, so an elevated base will be more expensive and harder to build.
Our decking tiles can be laid directly onto a solid base, with or without joists, provided that the base is flat and level. This could be an existing patio, a new patio or a new eco-grid base. Joists laid on existing patios normally follow the existing drainage fall.
Joists are recommended if the base is uneven or less solid, for example if the base is gravel, compacted hardcore or compacted earth. The joists should be well supported along their entire length.
Our joist kits suit the size and shape of our rectangular decking tile kits. These joists can be laid directly on top of any solid base which is reasonably flat and level. The joists can also be laid on gravel or well compacted hardcore if it is flat and level. All timber joists are pressure treated timber. Instructions are supplied. Some simple cross cutting is normally required.
NARROW JOIST SPACING: Our decking joist kits are designed with joists laid at 250mm centres (around 10"). The joists are all 50mm wide (around 2") so the actual gap between the joists is only 200mm (around 8"). This ensures that the decking tiles are well supported.
LEVELLING SHIMS: We recommend our levelling shims if you plan to lay your decking joists on a base which is slightly uneven, for example an existing area of concrete or paving which may have settled unevenly over the years. The shims are used as required to ensure that the joists are correctly levelled. Levelling shims are not essential with a brand new base, which should be level anyway. For this reason levelling shims are a low cost optional extra.
LEVELLING SHIMS AS SPACERS: Levelling shims are also beneficial with any concrete or paving base if your joists are timber. Even if the base is level, these impervious plastic shims can be used as spacers to ensure that the joists are not in direct contact with the ground. This allows rainwater to pass freely under the joists which ensures better drainage. It also helps to prolong the life of timber joists. Levelling shims are not needed with an eco-grid base which drains freely anyway.
Recycled plastic base kits
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid base kits are an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. Designed to spread weight, our plastic bases are self draining and fully relocatable. The kits include weed control membrane which is laid below the pavers. First the ground is levelled and then the membrane is laid directly on the soil. The pavers are laid on the membrane. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your decking.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid paver is 472x472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids can be laid on soil or shingle. Integral pegs on the underside help to level the base grids more easily. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is stronger, less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. It is recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or shingle. Supporting up to 200 tonnes per square metre, each eco-grid paver is 385x385mm and 40mm thick.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION: This popular product is in stock now and available with next day delivery.
- Our next day delivery service is currently operating as normal although delays are a bit more likely. Delayed deliveries normally arrive on the following day.
- The next day delivery service may be stopped at any time with little or no notice. We therefore recommend selecting the earliest available delivery day.
- If you do not select a delivery day during the process of ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards.
- On busy days when our output capacity is reached that day is automatically closed early and it is no longer possible to select that day for delivery. In such cases the following weekday is the earliest day available.
- Please read on below the line for full details of the delivery service for this product.
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We always have a large stock of this decking available - so we can always despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where the driver can contact you on the day of delivery if needed.
- We recommend that someone is present to receive your decking. If this is not possible we can deliver when you are out - please contact us for options.
- At most sites it is possible for the driver to deliver your decking into the back garden unaided. Even if your decking is too heavy for the driver to carry it far the lorries are equipped with trolleys for moving heavy items over hard surfaces such as concrete or tarmac.
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us when to deliver, whichever option you choose. We cannot deliver unless you tell us which day. You can select a delivery day when you order online or if you order by phone. Alternatively, you can order without specifying a day and request delivery later by phone or email.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is available throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 12 noon. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just contact us before 12 noon the day before.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is normally next day to all mainland addresses in AB, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PA21-23, PA35-36, PH1-18 and TD postcodes. Delivery is 2-3 days to mainland and offshore addresses in all other postcodes.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is normally next day to the Isle of Wight. Delivery is within 2-3 days to the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. Delivery to the Channel Islands is currently price on application.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter your BT postcode.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. To place an order just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
2-3 DAY DELIVERY: In some areas next day delivery is not possible. 2-3 day delivery is the only option in Northern Scotland, the Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. In these areas the AM before noon and Saturday delivery options are also not available.
AM DELIVERY - BEFORE NOON: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. The AM delivery option is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded.
SATURDAY DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
NO HIDDEN DELIVERY CHARGES: The price you see is the price you pay. Our decking prices include all delivery charges - unlike most others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process. However the prices may vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
- All decking prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.