Solar Powered Outside Light
This solar powered light switches itself on when it detects movement. It illuminates the approach to a shed or cabin at night and it may also deter burglars. It is easy to install with no mains wiring and it costs nothing to run. During the day the exterior mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The passive infra red movement detector switches on at dusk and off at dawn. During this time the spotlight switches itself on for 30 seconds whenever movement is detected. The spotlight features 9 bright LED lights.
The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned on the roof of a timber building such as a shed or a log cabin. The cable supplied is approximately 2 metres long (6'7") and only a few millimeters thick so it will pass through a narrow gap. The spotlight and rechargeable batteries are also included together with all fixings and instructions.
A single charge provides around 6 to 8 hours of operating time. Running time depends on the exposure of the panel to the sun and it varies with the seasons. Longer summer days provide the best charge. Sunny weather provides more charge than cloudy weather. For maximum running time the solar panel should be positioned in full sunlight away from cover or shade.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION: This popular product is in stock now and available with next day delivery.
- Our express delivery service is currently 1 or 2 weekdays slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Normally we offer next day delivery but recently delivery is within 2-3 weekdays.
- There are no deliveries on Good Friday or Bank Holiday Monday
- On a busy day when our capacity is reached it is no longer possible to select that day for delivery. In such cases the following weekday is the earliest day available.
- In the present climate delays are a bit more likely. Delayed deliveries normally arrive on the following day.
- The express delivery service may stop at any time if government advice changes. We therefore recommend selecting the earliest available delivery day.
- If you do not select a delivery day during the process of ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards.
Please read on below the line for full details of the delivery service for this product.
- Delivery is normally within 3-5 working days after order
- Delivery is available to any address in the UK, except the Channel Islands
- Mainland delivery throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
- Offshore delivery to Northern Ireland, the Scottish Isles, the Isle of Man, the Isle of Wight and the Scilly Isles.
- We are currently unable to deliver to the Channel Islands or the Republic of Ireland.
- We always have a large stock of this item available for immediate despatch.
- Our prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- All prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.