Aluminium Greenhouse 067 - Green, Polycarbonate, Base Included
These superb value greenhouses are approximately 8'x10' or 8'x12' with green powder coated aluminium and twin wall polycarbonate safety glazing. The unique clip free glazing system retains the polycarbonate panels continuously along all sides, with no clips. The frame includes extra braces and struts to provide extra strength and rigidity. The door is in the 8' wide wall. The price includes double sliding doors with a handle and 4 free roof vents. A free base plinth is also included, which makes installation easier. Detailed fitting instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly. These greenhouses and all accessories are always in stock, so whatever you order we can deliver on the next day.
- Twin wall polycarbonate glazing
- Green powder coated aluminium greenhouse frame
- Green powder coated galvanized steel base plinth (makes installation easier)
- Hollow box profile aluminium ridge beam for greater strength and rigidity
- T-shaped glazing bars with a central upstand for greater strength and rigidity
- Profiled eaves beam with integral gutter
- Clip free glazing system which holds the polycarbonate glazing in position more securely
- Unlike other greenhouses, the unique glazing design retains the polycarbonate panels continuously on every side
- The glazing bars feature continuous vertical grooves to retain the glazing more securely to each side
- The unique eaves beam design features continuous horizontal grooves to retain the wall and roof glazing more securely
- The ridge beam features continuous horizontal grooves to retain the roof glazing more securely
- Unique thick rubber cill gaskets provide a neat finish while continuously retaining the lower edges of the glazing
- 8 diagonal corner braces in the walls (2 per wall) provide greater structural rigidity
- 4 diagonal corner braces in the roof (2 each side) provide greater structural rigidity
- Eaves struts at 2' centres reinforce the connection between the side walls and the roof
- Ridge struts at 2' centres reinforce the connection between each side of the roof
- Extra fixing brackets ensure a stronger connection between the door framing and the greenhouse frame
- Extra fixing brackets ensure a stronger connection between the roof vent framing and the greenhouse frame
- The tallest glazing panels are divided in two for added strength with rigid aluminium glazing bars at the joints
- 4 free opening roof vents
- Opening roof vents include manual openers with casement stays and pins - unlike others the vents can be fixed in a closed position
- Double sliding doors
- Door handle included - unlike others the doors can be fixed in a closed position
- Door width 4'1" (1250mm)
- Door height 5'7" (1700mm) including base plinth
- Eaves height including base plinth 4'9" (1460mm)
- Ridge height including base plinth 7'1" (2150mm)
- Up to 200% heavier than some polycarbonate greenhouses
- Width 8'4" (2530mm)
- Length 10'4" or 12'4" (3150mm or 3770mm)
- Overall weight of 8'x10' greenhouse 69.5kg
- Overall weight of 8'x12' greenhouse 80.5kg
THIS POLYCARBONATE GREENHOUSE: These great value metal greenhouses feature green powder coated aluminium frames with durable twinwall polycarbonate glazing, which is normally an expensive extra. These sensationally cheap greenhouses are always in stock and the price includes fast delivery. From a technical viewpoint this greenhouse is heavier and more rigid than others at similar prices and the glazing is held in better. The precise manufacturing and careful packing is a match for our most expensive greenhouses. Sophisticated features include well retained clip free glazing, additional bracing and numerous specially designed brackets and clips to improve the strength. With such a competitive price this metal greenhouse is a popular choice with first time buyers. With the ultra safe polycarbonate glazing it is also a popular choice for the elderly and families with children or pets.
EXTRA RIGIDITY: This greenhouse is heavier than most other polycarbonate greenhouses. It features a strong frame with a box profile aluminium ridge. The design includes the maximum possible number of diagonal corner braces, eaves struts and ridge struts to ensure maximum rigidity. The corners are securely fixed with triangular eaves and ridge brackets. In addition, specially designed brackets ensure that the vent frame and door framing are fixed more securely to the frame.
UNIQUE CLIP FREE GLAZING DESIGN: The unique glazing design ensures that the polycarbonate panels are held in place continuously along every edge including the top and bottom edges. With most greenhouses the glazing is retained along the vertical edges only and the top and bottom edges receive little or no attention. This greenhouse features a thick rubber cill gasket at the bottom edges of the wall panels. The other edges are retained within deep metal grooves in the glazing bars, the eaves beams and the ridge beam. The framing itself features an integral full length groove into which the edges of the glazing panels slide. The glazing panels are retained along the entire length of the framing. As a result, when the frame is fully assembled the glazing panels are more securely fixed and do not come out so easily. Unlike other glazing systems, no fixings, clips or capping strips are required.
STRONGER GABLE WALL GLAZING: The tallest glazing panels in the rear wall and to each side of the doors are divided in two for added strength. One piece panels are more likely to flex and spring out in winds. Strong aluminium glazing bars at the horizontal joints provide additional rigidity, unlike the plastic jointing profiles used by some others. The grooves in the horizontal glazing bars ensure that the glazing is retained more securely.
TWIN WALL POLYCARBONATE: Twin wall polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and very practical. With small children or pets around polycarbonate greenhouses are safer. Polycarbonate is also safer to handle during installation. Polycarbonate greenhouses provide a similar growing environment to glass greenhouses with better insulation properties and reduced glare. Polycarbonate also provides good insulation from frost and maintains a more even temperature for better plant growth. Twin wall polycarbonate also diffuses light to prevent scorching. Twin wall polycarbonate glazing is stronger than the flimsy single skin polycarbonate sheeting supplied with some greenhouses.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.
BASE PLINTH: The base plinth makes installation much easier. It is designed to be a portable and prefabricated foundation beam. The plinth features a flat underside to spread the weight of the greenhouse over a larger area. The base plinth can be placed on any flat and level surface including soil, gravel, decking, concrete or paving slabs. It is best to prepare a perimeter footing of concrete or paving slabs for the base plinth to stand on. However, with care the base plinth can be placed on any surface including soil or gravel provided that the ground is flat and level.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Polycarbonate glazing is not recommended at exposed sites. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls.
- Next day delivery or delay the delivery until you're ready at the same price
- Saturday delivery available at additional cost
- AM delivery before noon available at additional cost
- Freestanding shelf units
- Louvred vents
- Automatic roof vent opener
- Automatic louvre opener
- Base anchor kits
- Durable plastic floor or footpath with interlocking polypropylene tiles, assembled within a few minutes
- Water butt
GREENHOUSE ACCESSORIES - ALWAYS IN STOCK: As a specialist greenhouse supplier, established since 1981, we pride ourselves on supplying more options and accessories than other suppliers. All of our greenhouse accessories are always in stock all the time. Many accesories are only available when you buy the greenhouse and not available separately. However, we always make an exception for one of our customers - if you purchased your greenhouse from us we will always supply any accessory you need at any time, even many years afterwards.
BASE ANCHOR FIXING KITS - FOR SOIL OR CONCRETE: This kit makes it easy to fix your greenhouse down securely into concrete, paving slabs, decking or even soil. The brackets are profiled to grip the inside of the greenhouse base plinth with fixing holes on the inside. The brackets are fixed from inside the greenhouse with coach screws fixed down into the concrete, paving slabs or decking. If you want to site your greenhouse on soil you will need a concrete trench around the perimeter or smaller pockets of concrete into which the brackets can be fixed. You can fix the base plinth down with screws and wall plugs but it is much easier with our profiled brackets. Fixing the greenhouse down is recommended at all sites. The kit includes:
- Profiled anchor brackets - shaped to grip the inside of the greenhouse base plinth, with predrilled fixing holes
- Masonry drill bit - used to drill the correct size hole in concrete or paving slabs
- Zinc plated coachscrews - supplied complete with washers and plugs to ensure a neat easy fit
VENTILATION: Improved ventilation increases the air circulation through the greenhouse for better growing results. Automatic openers react to heat which ensures that in hot weather the vents open in your absence and then close again when its cooler. Louvred ventilators provide a healthy air flow through the greenhouse to ensure improved growing conditions and better crops. Some plants such as alpines require more ventilation than others. If you are not yet sure which plants you are likely to grow improved ventilation will give you more versatility.
HEATERS: We offer a huge range of heaters so whatever your specific requirements we have a heater to do the job. Our electric heaters require a standard domestic 13 amp electricity supply. Our propane gas heaters require permanent trickle ventilation when in use. As an approximate guide, a 3kw heater will heat a greenhouse up to 8'x12' or provide frost protection only up to 10'x15' in normal site conditions. A 1.5kw heater will normally heat a greenhouse up to 6'x8' or provide frost protection only up to 6'x12'. Internal partitions are often used in large greenhouses to create a smaller warm room which is cheaper and easier to heat.
HEATING REQUIREMENTS: Heating requirements vary for several reasons. Location is one factor with more heating required in Scotland than in southern England and less heating required in a sheltered position. The design is also a factor. For example, dwarf walls improve the insulation and lean to greenhouses absorb warmth from the existing wall. Another factor is the materials used. Polycarbonate greenhouses retain heat better than glass and wooden greenhouses retain heat better than metal greenhouses. We recommend you to buy a bigger heater than you need - you can always turn it down.
POLYPROPYLENE FLOOR TILES: A durable polypropylene floor or footpath is an affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Easy to install within a few minutes, these interlocking polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. Unlike slabs or concrete these pavers are lightweight, easy to install and fully relocatable. Designed to spread weight, the finished floor is capable of supporting 36 tonnes per square metre. First the ground is levelled and then the pavers are laid directly on the soil. The pavers can also be laid on grass, sand or gravel. The finished floor or footpath is self draining and suitable for wheelbarrows and wheelchairs. It fits comfortably inside the greenhouse with a few inches to spare. The tiles are easily prised apart by folding so the floor is even quicker to remove if required.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION: This popular product is in stock now and available with next day delivery.
- Our next day delivery service is currently operating as normal although delays are a bit more likely. Delayed deliveries normally arrive on the following day.
- The next day delivery service may be stopped at any time with little or no notice. We therefore recommend selecting the earliest available delivery day.
- If you do not select a delivery day during the process of ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards.
- On busy days when our output capacity is reached that day is automatically closed early and it is no longer possible to select that day for delivery. In such cases the following weekday is the earliest day available.
- Please read on below the line for full details of the delivery service for this product.
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We always have a large stock of this greenhouse available - so we can always despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where the driver can contact you on the day of delivery if needed.
- We recommend that someone is present to receive your greenhouse. If this is not possible we can deliver when you are out - please contact us for options.
- At most sites it is possible for the driver to deliver your greenhouse into the back garden unaided. Even if your greenhouse is too heavy for the driver to carry it far the lorries are equipped with trolleys for moving heavy items over hard surfaces such as concrete or tarmac.
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us when to deliver, whichever option you choose. We cannot deliver unless you tell us which day. You can select a delivery day when you order online or if you order by phone. Alternatively, you can order without specifying a day and request delivery later by phone or email.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is available throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 12 noon. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just contact us before 12 noon the day before.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is normally next day to all mainland addresses in AB, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PA21-23, PA35-36, PH1-18 and TD postcodes. Delivery is 2-3 days to mainland and offshore addresses in all other postcodes.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is normally next day to the Isle of Wight. Delivery is within 2-3 days to the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. Delivery to the Channel Islands is currently price on application.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter your BT postcode.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. To place an order just phone us 7 days a week on 01603 721590.
2-3 DAY DELIVERY: In some areas next day delivery is not possible. 2-3 day delivery is the only option in Northern Scotland, the Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. In these areas the AM before noon and Saturday delivery options are also not available.
AM DELIVERY - BEFORE NOON: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. The AM delivery option is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded.
SATURDAY DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just contact us before 12 noon on Friday.
NO HIDDEN DELIVERY CHARGES: The price you see is the price you pay. Our greenhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike most others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process. However the prices may vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
- All greenhouse prices include VAT.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
Please scroll down to see customer reviews about this product. All reviews are genuine unsolicited emails from customers after they purchased this product from us. Click here to see more customer reviews of all products.
Many thanks for the prompt service. Greenhouse delievered earlier today.
John, Churchdown, Gloucester, GL3, 8x10 Greenhouse 067, 15th May 2018
Just to say many thank for sorting out the roof vent in my 067 green house.
Peter, Storrington, Pulborough, RH20, 8x12 Greenhouse 067, 19th February 2018
Thank you summer garden buildings for making this purchase so straight forward.
All agreed as stated in your e mail,look forward to receiving my green house on Thursday 25 th.May.
Peter, Wellington, Somerset, TA21, 8x10 Greenhouse 067, 23rd May 2017
We are delighted with the greenhouse we recently purchased and have checked the contents as far as we can before assembly.
We noticed with the base plate anchor unit there is only two securing bolts for each side. We discussed with you the fact that we have a local phenomenon called the Helm Wind which can blow quite strongly when we have the wind from the East and a prevailing Westerly inversion in the upper atmosphere. Not very often but something we need t be conscious of. The greenhouse is in a well sheltered area enclosed on three sides by high walls.
I wondered if you could possibly supply us with a further two fixing kits so we can double up on the anchor positions? I am reluctant to start drilling holes in the base plates themselves and would have difficulty in tightening the bolts on the inside of the frame.
I very much look forward to hearing from you when it is convenient.
Paul, Blencarn, Penrith, CA10, 8x10 Greenhouse 067, 20th February 2016
A quick message to say thanks. I thoroughly enjoyed building my greenhouse today. Instructions were great, it went up quick and it looks amazing.
Malcolm, Chester-le-Street, Durham, DH2, 8x10 Greenhouse 067, 24th April 2015
Apologies for previous email, the spare parts have just been delivered (good job I was home to sign for them)
Thank you for all your help and resolving the problem swiftly. Now the fun starts constructing my greenhouse.
Thank you again
Sarah, Ramsey, Cambridgeshire, PE26, 8x10 Greenhouse 067, 19th February 2015
Thank you for your very prompt response to our phone call about the missing part. I'm pleased to say this was delivered earlier this morning.
Brian, who is putting this greenhouse together for me, commented on the very good and comprehensive instruction booklet!
Thank you again for all your help.
Judy, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1, 8x10 Greenhouse 067, 18th July 2014